Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put Belfodil in the category of player that would close the quality gap with the Top 6, but it is all about building a team and having players that will compliment each other.

At 24 he is also of the age profile I prefer, we badly need to bring down the average age.

He may not be a starter but his height alone can offer us an extra dimension.

If he is good enough for RK/SW, he is more than good enough for me.

Good to see some momentum building - I was very concerned at Koeman's comments on Saturday.

Each signing is another brick in the wall to rebuild the squad so I'll happily give credit when it's earned.

Be interesting to see if we could get a CM in as well, that would then round off a reasonably good window.

This is a good point, but in all honesty we will have a lot of difficulty getting in players who we can confidently say will close the gap, as if they could why would they come to us?

Belfodil looks a player who can help Lukaku and fit Koeman's style of play.

We were a team selling our best players and getting cast offs in on loan. If you'd rather buy the Cleverleys of this world than pay decent money for Schneiderlin then you can't expect Everton to challenge. This is the modern game. We haven't had a decent value signing since the Moyes days.

Given the rate of inflation, I'd say Lukaku and Gana are both probably "value" buys. But yes, nothing like the Stones kid and Moyes' many before him.

Any chance at Franck Kessie? I see we put in a West Ham style bid for him, but anyone think we'll go back with more?

Belfodil is a bit of an odd target - saw him play quite a few times in Italy and he was pretty awful.

Can only assume Walsh has seen something he likes in him.

Welcome to Everton Daffodil

Pack the Daffodil stuff in right now ! Otherwise we run the risk of Goodison being full of this:
download (1).webp

Even in Blue - it would not be funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back