Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been poor mate, had a good last game though. All 3 lads I mentioned (Brahimi, Ghezzal and Gabbiadini) have been underwhelming this season. I wonder if they had their heads turned and are frustrated by the current clubs negotiating stance?

That being said the stock on all of them will have fallen, but 3 lads we were willing t pay over 70 million quid for if you believe the papers may be available for around a third of the cost now. Surely they can't have become bad players over the last 3 months? I would say it would be smart business to get them in, especially given we are dependant on one man for goals. What do you reckon?

More likely that they were seriously overrated in the Summer just gone.

Considering Ron prefers established players than potentials then I'd consider the following:

Cesc Fabregas is what we need. Some creativity alongside Barkley. A lock-picker.

Goalkeeper-wise Vorm at Spurs. Knows the Prem and seriously underrated.

Sigurrdsson. No brainer.

Moussa Dembele to replace the likely departing Lukaku.

Then chuck a shed load of Scouse dollar at the Scouse dollar receiving bank that is Southampton for Virgil.

Is that John Percy reliable?

Battling with WBA for the boy Morgan after we swerved Nzonzi.

FFS

Everton manager Ronald Koeman is ready to offer Manchester United outcast Morgan Schneiderlin a new start in the Premier League.

Koeman is poised to make a move for the France international in January and will rival West Bromwich Albion in a fight to sign him for a fee of around £20million.

Koeman and Pulis have identified a defensive midfielder as a priority in the January window and both managers will attempt to persuade Schneiderlin to leave Old Trafford, after less than two years.

Schneiderlin impressed at Southampton under Koeman and Everton have stepped up their interest after accepting they stand little chance of signing Steven N'Zonzi, the Sevilla midfielder.

N'Zonzi, the former Stoke player, was high on Everton director of football Steve Walsh's targets but he will cost more than £25million and Schneiderlin has emerged as a more realistic option.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...man-utd-outcast-morgan/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Was absolutely superb for Koeman at Southampton. Would take Barrys place in the team. Be a brilliant signing.
Is right. Think 20mil seems a bit high though given he went to Man U for about that amount, is 2 years older, hasn't done anything there, and seemingly isn't in their plans. Then again, prices never make sense. Just sign him.

Considering Ron prefers established players than potentials then I'd consider the following:

Cesc Fabregas is what we need. Some creativity alongside Barkley. A lock-picker.

Goalkeeper-wise Vorm at Spurs. Knows the Prem and seriously underrated.

Sigurrdsson. No brainer.

Moussa Dembele to replace the likely departing Lukaku.

Then chuck a shed load of Scouse dollar at the Scouse dollar receiving bank that is Southampton for Virgil.
I'm not convinced we'd get value for money with Fabregas. He turns 30 in May 2017 and has always struck me as the type of player who looks down on everyone else in whichever team he's played for. Choosing (hypothetically) between him and Sigurdsson, I'd go for Sigurdsson on character alone. Added to that, Gylfi is two and a half years younger and is likely to be cheaper.

Vorm is a good shout, definitely worth considering. But it's Spurs, meaning you have to deal with Levy.... never goes well.

VVD is likely to have his choice of Utd, City, Chelsea et al... as soon as one of them goes in for him I suspect they all will, leaving us with no chance. Smalling, if Utd have a clearout, is a player I would be keen on.

Have not watched any Celtic matches, so no opinion on Dembele.

Battling with WBA for the boy Morgan after we swerved Nzonzi.

FFS

Everton manager Ronald Koeman is ready to offer Manchester United outcast Morgan Schneiderlin a new start in the Premier League.

Koeman is poised to make a move for the France international in January and will rival West Bromwich Albion in a fight to sign him for a fee of around £20million.

Koeman and Pulis have identified a defensive midfielder as a priority in the January window and both managers will attempt to persuade Schneiderlin to leave Old Trafford, after less than two years.

Schneiderlin impressed at Southampton under Koeman and Everton have stepped up their interest after accepting they stand little chance of signing Steven N'Zonzi, the Sevilla midfielder.

N'Zonzi, the former Stoke player, was high on Everton director of football Steve Walsh's targets but he will cost more than £25million and Schneiderlin has emerged as a more realistic option.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...man-utd-outcast-morgan/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw
imagine the fume when he opts for West Brom

M

MaCarthy swap for Dembelle at Celtic, not a rumour just a great idea
We would need to get another midfielder in first as Gueye is leaving soon after the start of the window. That said this wouldn't be an awful move but would require some cash going Celtic's way as well. Dembele looks the real deal and won't be in Scotland much longer

I would take a shot at bringing in VVD, heck I'd throw a bid out for Niklas Sule, guy is big, quick and would be a great addition to our back 4. For the rest of the field I would like to bring in another striker up front to complement Rom... I would take a shot at Depay if the price was right. The guys we were linked to this summer I'm unsure of since they have not produced much this season.

Hell no to Sissoko, just read a rumor he may leave in January and Everton are interested. Koeman and Moshiri should turn their phones off if he calls.

Apart from the fact that Sissoko has been an awful premier league player he disrespected us. I can't think of 1 player less likely to sign for Everton. I expect he'll come to Inter and the San Siro will pulsate with groans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back