Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously Bill, when the Everton fans were getting excited over the possibility of Jose arriving back in the summer.......this isn't the Jose they were talking about.

idjut.gif

I reckon David Usworth has taken all that into consideration before accepting him into the u23's squad.

Im sure he has but for all the great work he's doing and players he's getting ready for the first team, this is the biggest judgement call he will probably ever make. If he gets this wrong it could be terrible for the club and some of the bright youngsters we have.

Obviously we all hope it works out and Jose gets back on track, earning a move somewhere but its very easy for emotions to cloud our judgement. I am assuming though, that he's at least had no contact with his old 'friends' since he's been banned - that is probably the biggest issue

Can't understand our thinking here, Everton is a football club not a drugs rehabilitation centre. If we want to help addicts then donate to the experts who can help.
Baxter had the life of a professional footballer, he was offered a two year contract at Everton and he choose not to sign and move on. Then when he had options and he choose to take drugs and get banned. He then doesn't learn the lesson and does it again and someone at our club thinks it is a good idea to bring him back. Maybe someone feels that Gibson has been the villain too long and we need someone to help him share the burden.

Im sure he has but for all the great work he's doing and players he's getting ready for the first team, this is the biggest judgement call he will probably ever make. If he gets this wrong it could be terrible for the club and some of the bright youngsters we have.

Obviously we all hope it works out and Jose gets back on track, earning a move somewhere but its very easy for emotions to cloud our judgement. I am assuming though, that he's at least had no contact with his old 'friends' since he's been banned - that is probably the biggest issue

Oh dear.

Im pretty sure Baxter has done nothing but bad mouth us and be a typical rs since we kicked him out.

Very strange this, even if its just in the u23 squad....he will still be taking someone's place, and its not fair on that 18/19 year old.

Stop being a tit. Not everybody lives in Bootle and sees Baxter on weekends. Maybe you do but it doesn't mean you can be a smug bell correcting everyone and making sarcy comments
Ha as if I live in Bootle. Liverpool is a very small city and it doesn't take much to get a reputation.

I'm not being smug because I know exactly what this lad is and does, I'm just deriding people who are presenting him as some hard-done-by poor young man with no support who is depressed or whatever other nonsense they are chatting.

He's had opportunities that the lads he knocks around with could never dream of and thrown them all away, he isn't Everton Football Club's responsibility, he's a grown man who prefers his lifestyle to being a professional footballer.

That's the start and finish of it, he hasn't been done once, it wasn't a mistake, nor were there circumstances similar to say, jake Livermore at hull when he tested positive where I agree compassion should've been shown.

By giving him a contract you're telling every young kid at this club they can do whatever they want becaus eEverton will always look after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back