Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland showing exactly why that is i am afraid. Selling the left back and plugging the gap with a cheap foreign player. considering how many clubs do that on a yearly basis then it makes the culture harder to break. Instant results is the new way of doing things, sunderland stay up with cheap import and it is job done, doesn't make the young left back in the academy any closer to game time but that doesn't matter to the board.
Sunderland came second in the under 21 league behind MU last season so presumably have some quality there. Finished ahead of us City RS Chelsea Arse Spurs.

seriously???? wtf so Palace have spent 14m on him and 12.5m on Schluupppppppp ffs lol

139739305.jpg

Sunderland came second in the under 21 league behind MU last season so presumably have some quality there. Finished ahead of us City RS Chelsea Arse Spurs.
I didn't know that but it shows my point anyway i think. they have players who perhaps might not be top class but can do a job for them if they do sell their left back or their midfielder or whoever. Give them a chance and they might actually earn their place in the team which is exactly what a club like sunderland need. Harry Kane was another example of this, he was a bit of a average striker, loaned out to the foxes and didn't force his way into their team either. Spurs gave him the chance to play and he stepped up out of nowhere and stayed in the team ever since. When you consider the year before or even that year they spent 28 million on soldado, they could have in hindsight just promoted Kane and saved their money.

Think they've been linked with some total random foreign left back as replacement.

By reports we're wanting Diego Contento on loan from Bordeaux so I suspect what money is available will go on a CM and more attacking player

Fair enough. Used to play for Bayern and would probably be a reasonable price.

Moyes can find some real gems so I hope he has the funds to buy a few players for you.

I'd like you lot to stay up and I think Moyes still has time to get it right.

“We’re still working to improve the team, and if we can make a deal for one or two more players then we will do.

But we saw with the situation with Morgan, we were interested a long time but sometimes it’s not easy and takes more time to do the deal.

We have till the end of January.”

Another dig at the pathetic transfer strategy that allows us one or two injuries away from starting Kone and Valenica
Have you ever had anything positive to say about the club?

Hasn't Yarmolenko gone off the boil since the deal with us fell through? Think he's had some injuries.

If he's anything like what he was I'd have him for sure.
I think he may have stagnated whilst over there. I remember reading about him when i heard about the link and there was an interview he made saying i didn't want to leave until i won the league with kiev. As soon as they did he wanted to leave, but as noone has been in for him i would imagine he has just stayed still there when he wanted to move to a european club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back