Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koff lad selling yourself out to the Clique when you used to be a fair poster.

Ask Man City what they did before they could attract your Aguero's, Silva's, Yaya Toure's and Tevez's oh thats right they signed the best of the rest like Elano, Santa Cruz, Lescott, Barry, Adebayor and got into Europe before being able to bring top quality in.

Our fanbase is deluded in that they think we can just jump straight from Niasse and Tosun to an Aubameyang - aint gonna happen bruv.

For what it's worth I was badly wrong on Ings, I thought he'd be terrible.

We have tried best of the rest though, and it's not really worked out for us has it? I think we need to focus on signing the best players just before they break out.

For what it's worth I was badly wrong on Ings, I thought he'd be terrible.

We have tried best of the rest though, and it's not really worked out for us has it? I think we need to focus on signing the best players just before they break out.

I wouldnt say we have tbh - Siggurdsson and Pickford were the only two players we have signed from clubs below us who were linked with big moves elswhere (Keane was linked around but I dont think he was ever seen as a top player like the other two.

Pickford has done more good than bad and Siggurdsson has been alright in parts but looks to be coming to the end of his days as he hits his 30's.

Ironically Gana was a signing from Villa who turned out top class - thats the sort of signing we need to be going for.

All im saying is if players like Ings, Ake and Zaha could help us get into Europe again thus allowing us to then go for the next level like Werner, Koulibaly, Mertens etc. Then I would rather we do that than continue scattergun signings like Iwobi, Tosun and Kean which just haven't worked out.

I wouldnt say we have tbh - Siggurdsson and Pickford were the only two players we have signed from clubs below us and Pickford has done decent and Siggurdsson has been alright but looks to be coming to the end of his days as he hits his 30's.

Ironically Gana was a signing from Villa who turned out top class - thats the sort of signing we need to be going for.

All im saying is if players like Ings, Ake and Zaha could help us get into Europe again thus allowing us to then go for the next level like Werner, Koulibaly, Mertens etc. Then I would rather we do that than continue scattergun signings like Iwobi, Tosun and Kean which just haven't worked out.

Keane, Williams to add to that list as well mate. It's not a ringing endorsement.

Keane, Williams to add to that list as well mate. It's not a ringing endorsement.

I wouldnt say both were highly rated mind - Ake has serious suitors in Chelsea, Zaha was wanted by Arsenal in the summer- if those players are deemed good enough for the top 6 - why not EFC?

People forget we are 15th in the table - if we could sign Icardi and Koulibaly great but if not we have to start bringing in players around us who would improve key areas that we are weak in - rather than expensive punts on players in poor leagues (Tosun, Niasse) young players expected to make an instant impact (Kean, Vlasic) and cast offs from the top 6 (Schneiderlin, Iwobi).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back