Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea....
You said we don't need a midfielder and then went on to name Davies, Delph, Baningime (who hasn't played in 18 months) and Holgate (a CB) as the reason why. Which in reality is actually exactly why we do need a midfielder.

You quite literally used evidence for the opposite of what your point is as justification for your point.

You said we don't need a midfielder and then went on to name Davies, Delph, Baningime (who hasn't played in 18 months) and Holgate (a CB) as the reason why. Which in reality is actually exactly why we do need a midfielder.

You quite literally used evidence for the opposite of what your point is as justification for your point.
That type of MF while we get Gbamin back in to see if he's any good.

They;re not disilmilar mate. Prefer it out wide, decent but not top class in the air...where's our fox in the box? We need a slotter.

They both play off the shoulder, but we have nobody who can thread a ball.

If we could sign 1 player this window it would be a CM with magic in their boots for me.

Then a CB, then a Striker.

Kinda agree with @davek here. We have some very expensive players not available to us right now so the club are unlikely to splash more cash on short term fixes and we can’t just stock pile players without shipping out the dross. We could and probably should get a decent loan to cover Gomes who’s not gonna play again this season. After that we need to sell players first and not to necessarily fund transfers but to make space for them. The only scenario where we may make a signing is if someone suddenly became available and it was too good to miss but in January that’s Unlikely... that said I can’t believe Carlo Ancelotti comes how’re without the promise of money to spend so what do I know?!

Kinda agree with @davek here. We have some very expensive players not available to us right now so the club are unlikely to splash more cash on short term fixes and we can’t just stock pile players without shipping out the dross. We could and probably should get a decent loan to cover Gomes who’s not gonna play again this season. After that we need to sell players first and not to necessarily fund transfers but to make space for them. The only scenario where we may make a signing is if someone suddenly became available and it was too good to miss but in January that’s Unlikely... that said I can’t believe Carlo Ancelotti comes how’re without the promise of money to spend so what do I know?!
Why does buying a good midfielder have to be a short term fix? I mean even if Gbamin and Gomes come back and are really good, that's still only two midfielders so it isn't like we are overstocking things if we get another one so long as he is actually a good player.

We're going to have to spend anyway on a CB, so may as well get him in now and bed him in. So CB is a no brainer. Almost as much of a no brainer is that we have zero balance to or attack. That will have to nbe addressed in the summer too. So, if the opportunity to get a FW in comes along, we need to do that. CM is sorted for the foeseeable in terms of purchases. There is absolutley no way Everton should be throwing more cash at that until we see what Gbamin can do and / or we shift Schneiderlin out.

We're going to have to spend anyway on a CB, so may as well get him in now and bed him in. So CB is a no brainer. Almost as much of a no brainer is that we have zero balance to or attack. That will have to nbe addressed in the summer too. So, if the opportunity to get a FW in comes along, we need to do that. CM is sorted for the foeseeable in terms of purchases. There is absolutley no way Everton should be throwing more cash at that until we see what Gbamin can do and / or we shift Schneiderlin out.
If when you say forward you mean creative player then I can agree with that. If you mean striker you're out of your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back