Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be really good to have a new manager well and truly locked in before the January window opens.

Get them and Brands to really work out what they want to do with the squad.

Whenever we try to press, it's only ever Richarlison and Bernard that know how to work off each other to close space and force mistakes properly. Thus it is absolutely certain that we should sign an entirely Brazilian forward line. Get Reinier Jesus in immediately and then perhaps Juninho Pernambucano as a false nine.

Whenever we try to press, it's only ever Richarlison and Bernard that know how to work off each other to close space and force mistakes properly. Thus it is absolutely certain that we should sign an entirely Brazilian forward line. Get Reinier Jesus in immediately and then perhaps Juninho Pernambucano as a false nine.

It’s always baffled me how inept most football players are at pressing.

Would take Shelvey. Never mind who he played for before Newcastle, we are short of midfield options and he would be more useful than Morgan. He might actually score the odd goal also, we are desperately short of goals from our midfielders and seem to be relying heavily on Richarlison. If he got injured, I shudder to think how we’d score at all.

CF
CM
CB

Even if 1-2 are loans we need a new spine in our side.

Gbamin back will help but think he'll need a partner going forward as I dont want Delph, Davies or Schneiderlin & Gomes is overrated/inconsistent.

Hopefully we can then sell Tosun & punt Schneiderlin & DCL out on loans to get their wages off the books with the view to selling them both in the summer.

Would take Shelvey. Never mind who he played for before Newcastle, we are short of midfield options and he would be more useful than Morgan. He might actually score the odd goal also, we are desperately short of goals from our midfielders and seem to be relying heavily on Richarlison. If he got injured, I shudder to think how we’d score at all.

Put down your phone, finish your pint & go home to bed.

Down the years it was always easier to pin point positions in the squad that needed addressing, it seems harder now given the utter dross we have in different areas of the pitch.

I'd definitely like to see us signing a left footed attacking player, to not have a single one is just odd, I doubt there's too many clubs at a professional level that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back