Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People watched him get tortured by DCL at Goodison

Fair enough, but players are allowed to have a bad game.

I remember Zouma having plenty of good ones last season and IMO not replacing him or Gana is one of the main reasons we're been so bad since the summer

Why are people just mentioning players in the premier league who are in teams below us.. ? We'll just get ripped off for fees and wages on players like that. Haven't we made those mistakes before?

I’m sick of signing players and managers from lower prem and relegation teams. Silva , Bobby , Joel, alcaraz, bolasie, McCarthy , kone , siggy, Williams , coco , all came in, some had one good season ( McCarthy and Bobby) and the rest are either still milking us dry and offering nothing of they have been let go because they’re crap. Richy is the only one that has been a success financially. Signing lower prem players and managers is why we are in such a mess

Why are people just mentioning players in the premier league who are in teams below us.. ? We'll just get ripped off for fees and wages on players like that. Haven't we made those mistakes before?
Depends on the player. I see Grealish as a no-brainer due to his age, but I agree we shouldn't repeat past mistakes and buy players aged 27 and over on big wages, either from "lower" Premier League or Championship clubs.

I’m sick of signing players and managers from lower prem and relegation teams. Silva , Bobby , Joel, alcaraz, bolasie, McCarthy , kone , siggy, Williams , coco , all came in, some had one good season ( McCarthy and Bobby) and the rest are either still milking us dry and offering nothing of they have been let go because they’re crap. Richy is the only one that has been a success financially. Signing lower prem players and managers is why we are in such a mess

Yes and no.

Youre absolutely correct with what you say and we've got it wrong terribly with the players weve bought recently.

But as i said in another post the RS have shown it can be done with the likes of Robertson, mane, van dijk coming from lower clubs to do very well.

McCarthy would do a god job for us right now

Depends on the player. I see Grealish as a no-brainer due to his age, but I agree we shouldn't repeat past mistakes and buy players aged 27 and over on big wages, either from "lower" Premier League or Championship clubs.

Grealish would cost us about 50-70 mil and be on 100k , probably someone out there as good for half the cost and wages if we get the scouting right..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back