Japan Earthquake/Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently the only reason they are saying that no gamma or beta emitters have been found is because they have not actually been testing for them (in the same way that the authorities went round trying to pretend everything was fine in the immediate aftermath of Chernobyl).

An american ship - that I believe was 100km away - has detected radiation and it was between 10,000 and 100,000 times higher than the legally allowed amount.

And this was before the 2 rods were found to be fully exposed and 'highly likely' to be in meltdown.

Oh super.

theres nuclear devices being detonated all over the pacific all the time so whats the big deal about this leak. safe as houses.

I guess 2 years in the army is irrlevant in such search and rescue situation. I want to do something more than donation, which I've done.
In this case yes its utterly irrelevant mate sadly as Matt said it'd be just the "big" organisations being allowed in and rightly so at this moment in time too

Last edited:
Apparently the only reason they are saying that no gamma or beta emitters have been found is because they have not actually been testing for them (in the same way that the authorities went round trying to pretend everything was fine in the immediate aftermath of Chernobyl).

An american ship - that I believe was 100km away - has detected radiation and it was between 10,000 and 100,000 times higher than the legally allowed amount.

And this was before the 2 rods were found to be fully exposed and 'highly likely' to be in meltdown.

Oh super.

They don't test for alpha beta or gamma emitters per se.

They test air samples using MS.

If it's a solid sample they use ICP-MS.

That tells you what elements/radio-nucleotides are present. i.e. if Uranium or Plutonium are being released. What type of Iodine isotopes are present, Cs etc.

They reference that to naturally occurring in that area of the world.

You bad bad ted. Winding people up. You're as bad as Murdoch.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back