Japan Earthquake/Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in shock over that footage of the wave yesterday. Still can't believe how it was just eating up everything. I could see cars driving on roads about 50-100m away and I'm thinking "put yer foot down lid, and get the hell out of there" but they may not have seen it coming like you can from the helicopter.

And the lorries! The lorries were just being brushed aside, was there anyone in them? Did they survive?

It seems like you are loving this with your biblical references and demands for power plants to be sued.

Thousands of people are missing, some of us have friends out there who are very scared right now.

Your posts are unwelcome and embarrassing.

Can't even begin to imagine what it must be like out there. It all feels surreal watching it unfold on television.

I'm still in shock over that footage of the wave yesterday. Still can't believe how it was just eating up everything. I could see cars driving on roads about 50-100m away and I'm thinking "put yer foot down lid, and get the hell out of there" but they may not have seen it coming like you can from the helicopter.

And the lorries! The lorries were just being brushed aside, was there anyone in them? Did they survive?

The ship swept a long at the front...

Despite claims to the contrary , I've advised all to donate to the British Red Cross.

I'm a member and know from experience that the donation will aid in disaster relief. Also in getting people back in touch with each other.

*fumes at last comment at previous disgraceful suggestions*

There was reports yesterday of people in Tokyo, with swaying buildings around them and debris flying all over the shop, stopping at pelican crossings for the green man to tell them they could cross. Incredible if true.

Can't even begin to imagine what it must be like out there. It all feels surreal watching it unfold on television.

A friend of mine was teaching two 5 year olds at the time of the quake. During the quake he grabbed one under each arm and made for the fire escape as all around was shaking.

I've been talking to another friend who is quite clearly in shock saying the place looks like a war zone.

A friend of mine was teaching two 5 year olds at the time of the quake. During the quake he grabbed one under each arm and made for the fire escape as all around was shaking.

I've been talking to another friend who is quite clearly in shock saying the place looks like a war zone.

Think we take it for granted living in such a stable climate mate. The Japanese are well known for having the best earthquake defences in the world but the scale of this is unreal. Very sad scenes.

"those damn krauts deserve to be hit by a earthquake tsunami for nuking pearl harbor" is just genius, though. I'm assuming that one is ironic.

Around 10,000 people are unnaccounted for in Japanese port town of #Minamisanriku - public broadcaster NHK /AFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back