2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to the very top and I can't believe you can't see that, this lad has everything Van Dyke has but earlier. Why do we just bow down and doff our k'in cap to everyone. No wonder we are where we are.
I can see he's going to the top but even Van Dijk went for only 75 million. He's not going to walk into United and have the same impact he had. John Srones was obviously going to the very top and we only got 50 for him

Yes but they haven’t been any better for us have they that’s my point the issue isn’t where we get them from it’s how good they are I don’t think we’re obsessed with premier league experience I think we just haven’t been good at finding goood value signings from anywhere in the world.
Well that’s sort of my point about Thelwell and our recruitment team. There’s players around the world, like those I mentioned, that are always available. A lot of these foreign clubs do deals on percentage sell on

The other issue is we don’t have a plan for them. Branthwaite being the exception and thank god Brands wanted him at PSV because that experienced excelled him

Have you listened to it, well maybe you should before posting nonsense about it
No im just replying to your message! I wouldn’t listen to talksport if you paid me because I’ve not got the brain the size of a newt. If you think the Peterborough chairman REALLY thinks branthwaites market value is double what united paid for maguire I’ve got some magic beans to sell you.

Well that’s sort of my point about Thelwell and our recruitment team. There’s players around the world, like those I mentioned, that are always available. A lot of these foreign clubs do deals on percentage sell on

The other issue is we don’t have a plan for them. Branthwaite being the exception and thank god Brands wanted him at PSV because that experienced excelled him
Yes I agree with that.

How have they agreed terms if we haven't accepted the bid?

Tapping up allowed now is it
It's always been a thing. The rules against it have always been the preserve of the tie & blazer FA types of years gone by who were more concerned with the veneer of gentlemanly respectability and the social status their positions bestowed upon them rather than any great interest in the actual real life machinations of professional football.

It's very rare a club goes in with a bid now without having at least some positive noises from their representatives. Every club does it so we can't go crying victim if and when it happens with a player under contract at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back