2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MSP and 777 were/are bridging loans from some not so friendly folks.

Logically the 777 has the highest interest rate as they have the lowest claim on assets per reports. That doesn’t make it so, but RMF has solid security.
I thought the MSP loan was basically Moshiri, Bell, Downing and the MSP fellas, surely we didnt get out pants pulled down on the terms?

People keep saying his value only increases, I could list a hundred players where that wasnt the case, of course people could name a hundred that did.

But in 2018 Dele Alli was rated as the highest value player in the entire world.

A year later Spurs couldnt give him away. (This is hyperbole, not meant to be take literally, please)
I guess it depends on what you think his value is. If it’s 70 then no, it probably doesn’t go higher. If it’s 45…well, I think he’s worth more than that now based on the Kilman deal.

Notorious Tax Dodger James Ratcliffe does have a stench of the Moshiris about him. Except instead of bidding 30 million too much on Zaha he's bidding 30 million too few for Branthwaite

I guess it depends on what you think his value is. If it’s 70 then no, it probably doesn’t go higher. If it’s 45…well, I think he’s worth more than that now based on the Kilman deal.
I think given his age, his size, his left foot and his talent, 70 would be my answer the phone number and even then im getting add ons.

But I am not Everton and I do not have access to our accounts.

I thought the MSP loan was basically Moshiri, Bell, Downing and the MSP fellas, surely we didnt get out pants pulled down on the terms?
MSP didn’t put their money in out of the goodness of their hearts. They have investors to answer to.

Thing is I agree we do need to bring funds in but we are likely already selling Onana and likely DCL already so... unless they force our hand with a 70m+ offer no deal.

Last edited:
I don’t think any of the financing or equity is really even at issue here. I’m pretty sure we’re just losing money purely on the operating side.
Well our wages/fees were above 95% for multiple years. We’re in a much better place now after shedding a lot of dead weight. All that cash lost is effectively the haircut Moshiri is taking

Due to Stadium and loan repayments.

But there is no doubt we are a loss making "business".
The stadium part isn’t going away soon no?

I admittedly don’t read up on it constantly this stuff is my actual job I can’t be arsed to do it after hours too.
We can run a loss all we like once we’re PSR compliant mate, regardless that doesn’t create a need to sell Branthwaite now financially.
Well no, because always running a loss above the threshold means we aren’t getting compliant at any point.

People keep saying his value only increases, I could list a hundred players where that wasnt the case, of course people could name a hundred that did.

But in 2018 Dele Alli was rated as the highest value player in the entire world.

A year later Spurs couldnt give him away. (This is hyperbole, not meant to be take literally, please)
Only got to look at the other lad united are signing as well. De ligts stock has only gone downwards for the past 4 years

Well our wages/fees were above 95% for multiple years. We’re in a much better place now after shedding a lot of dead weight. All that cash lost is effectively the haircut Moshiri is taking
Maybe I’m wrong, without crunching the numbers I was under the impression we were almost always going to need profits on sales in any given 3 year window.

Maybe I’m wrong, without crunching the numbers I was under the impression we were almost always going to need profits on sales in any given 3 year window.
It all depends on how much you spend on players. It’s by far the clubs largest expense. If the league caps that at 70% of revenue, it becomes easier to be profitable.

The stadium part isn’t going away soon no?

I admittedly don’t read up on it constantly this stuff is my actual job I can’t be arsed to do it after hours too.

Well no, because always running a loss above the threshold means we aren’t getting compliant at any point.

You can run a loss and be below the threshold and be PSR compliant, but we all know this.

None of that explains the financial need to sell Branthwaite, our cash flow position has/will improve significantly with the obvious equity required for the business to be supplied, some of which as we know is already invested, meeting a big chunk of the remaining LOR liability and reducing debt, thats a start.

Players will be sold but likely on the basis of risk and discretion, Onana and DCL shaped low hanging fruit. We’ve already cleared 30 -40 million in sales and costs, player trading so far, before the above two.

Even as I doubt we are at risk of not being compliant in 24/25, we can sell Branthwaite in 11 months, after he’s played 38 games and another season here if we needed to, but by that stage we could be looking forward to playing at the Toyota Stadium - with a whole year under new ownership.

The assertion it’s necessary to sell financial reasons, just isn’t true, helpful sure, necessary, no.

It’s a narrative in need of correcting.

There's always one sucker :hayee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back