2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is basically an admission that yesterday’s bid was a bit silly, so why would we take the next one seriously?

I don’t see the logic of how this works as a strategy. They’re confirming we were right to reject the last one so we’ll be right to reject the next one too.

It's done regularly by clubs in an attempt to unsettle a player, if he turns round and hands in a transfer request Evertons hand is forced.

Sadly.

In this case though, PSR allowing, we’d say, “transfer request accepted, you may talk to other clubs. Price is £75million.”
And if we do that it’s great the big question is whether we will and united obviously don’t think we will which is why they’re doing what they’re doing. If we hold firm and don’t sell him or get the very top price then we’ve played it well if we end up folding then united have that’s how transfer negotiations always go.

Am absolutely seething about Manure leaking Branthwaite stuff to their media puppets.
Hope we refuse to deal with them over it and give other teams first refusal IF we are forced to sell JB.
That sham of a club leaks everything. The players leak all of the locker talk, the owners leak all of the manager talk, the roof leaks all of the rain talk. It's a sinking ship. I hope that they continue to underperform until all of their bandwagon money dries up and they're forced to actually think for once.

That sham of a club leaks everything. The players leak all of the locker talk, the owners leak all of the manager talk, the roof leaks all of the rain talk. It's a sinking ship. I hope that they continue to underperform until all of their bandwagon money dries up and they're forced to actually think for once.
Exactly
We owe a duty of care to Branthwaite to not send him there

Who in our set up decides what to pay for targets and what bids to accept? Is it the Board - but really Moshiri - on advice from say Thelwell and Dyche?

Wish we had another voice here above the dof so we can start saying to the media for clubs to baisically fa or pay the price. Pathetic from united this trying to put pressure on the plauer to leave

Might be playing other targets, bids in for Yoro and De Ligt.

They’d be stupid to bid 65+ for Jarrod when they are still working on fees for those.

Other thing they may be doing is hoping for disrupt our squad with uncertainty we go on tour next week.

Could also be trying to put us under pressure for time, in slowly incrementally raising the bid - they will know our transfer window will be shaped by this fee - as time goes by they will hope we blink if some of our targets if we sell move or it gets latter in the window.

Equally if we sell Onana then that shapes our window.

Equally if we sell Onana then that shapes our window.

Absolutely mate and Dom or both.

A question and perhaps an observation - if we sell Onana, DCL and Branthwaite this summer, who do we sell next and do we need to sell all three.

I actually think that may be one of the reasons that we don’t sell Branthwaite this summer - also that I imagine we don’t want to have to re trust a whole spine of a team in one window.

Absolutely mate and Dom or both.

A question and perhaps an observation - if we sell Onana, DCL and Branthwaite this summer, who do we sell next and do we need to sell all three.

I actually think that may be one of the reasons that we don’t sell Branthwaite this summer - also that I imagine we don’t want to have to re trust a whole spine of a team in one window.
We can barely put out a bench at the moment...we need money from somewhere just to have a squad that can withstand any injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back