2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember Man Utd wanting £30 million for Marcus Rojo 5 years ago. Tell them we are basing Branthwaite’s valuation on that.

We shouldn’t deal with them at all. Them and Chelsea shafted us so many times when we were willing to pay good money for one of their CBs who they didn’t even need. I seem to remember us inquiring after Rojo, Smalling, Zouma and they both strung us along before shafting us right at the end of the window and leaving us without a CB. They all left for less than we were willing to offer. We got left with Keane starting and Silva was gone later that season.

United Can't complain about prices, they started the whole sham off agreeing to pay £80m for a Slab.

Then Chelsea followed up with Fofana

Think he would have done really well in that left centre back role for England. Would have been a lot more threatening from set pieces if he was there.

I think the Palace centre half (is it Guehi?) has actually been England's best defender. Looks quite limited on the ball like, but defensively solid. Branthwaite pisses all over every single England centre half though in every single department.

But it's worked out well, he's had a good rest and hopefully is fresh and raring to go for us.

I think the Palace centre half (is it Guehi?) has actually been England's best defender. Looks quite limited on the ball like, but defensively solid. Branthwaite pisses all over every single England centre half though in every single department.

But it's worked out well, he's had a good rest and hopefully is fresh and raring to go for us.
Yeah can't really complain. Just obvious England are lacking aerially which Branthwaite would have solved. As well as being better on ball. And being quicker.

As you say though, better for us.

Yeah can't really complain. Just obvious England are lacking aerially which Branthwaite would have solved. As well as being better on ball. And being quicker.

As you say though, better for us.

Yep, Branthwaite ticks all the boxes in every department. With England playing so deep, I'm not lying when I say he missed a trick not taking Tarkowski and Branthwaite.

Southgate must have had a plan that he'd set up so defensively, so wouldn't have been any harm to have them both there. But hey ho, we're in the final so it's worked out well.

He aint going anywhere, certainly not this season anyway.

Were just playing with Utd. If they actually hit the valuation, the Value would just go up.

Far Far to Important for us ( Especially while Dyche is still here )

I just don’t think we should sell him now. I think it’s too late on in the closing season, players are back in training, he’s under contract and he has built a solid partnership with Tarky.

Simply release a statement saying every offer will be rejected for Jarad, we are not selling him. Done.
Problem is I don’t think that’s the case. We will sell him but only at a price that we deem acceptable. If we didn’t want to sell him at all we would have released a statement saying so.
If someone is willing to stump up what we want or close to it he will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back