2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t think we should sell him now. I think it’s too late on in the closing season, players are back in training, he’s under contract and he has built a solid partnership with Tarky.

Simply release a statement saying every offer will be rejected for Jarad, we are not selling him. Done.
I mean if carlo comes with 200mill on the table , guler on loan for a season and first choice on anyone else he's not using I'm sure we'd consider it

Problem is I don’t think that’s the case. We will sell him but only at a price that we deem acceptable. If we didn’t want to sell him at all we would have released a statement saying so.
If someone is willing to stump up what we want or close to it he will be gone.

But this has been our problem for years now, sell a great player then buy a couple of duffers with the money. We need to keep our best players and get rid of the duffers leeching a wage off us…….

But this has been our problem for years now, sell a great player then buy a couple of duffers with the money. We need to keep our best players and get rid of the duffers leeching a wage off us…….
More realistically we just need to stop buying duffers with the money.

Their supporters. Him playing the season before means nothing, surely? SINCE his foot problems he's injury prone.

The foot injury is the main one! Thats like saying Alan Shearer was injury prone because he got a lengthy one in 1997, or Van Dijk is because Pickford pole axed him.

For context

The foot injury is the main one! Thats like saying Alan Shearer was injury prone because he got a lengthy one in 1997, or Van Dijk is because Pickford pole axed him.

For context

I mean, I'm only saying what fans of the club who follow him have said. Anything wrong with that? That link you've provided shows two 50+ day absences related to the foot by the way. Does that not highlight a problem area for someone who is fundamentally reliant of using their feet?

Anyway, I see that he's got through this Copa America unscathed so far. Time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: MJA
Word is they want a right-footed starter (de Ligt) and a left-footed starter (Branthwaite). I definitely wouldn't think them signing de Ligt means it's over.

…I was quite impressed with Willy Kambwala when I saw him last season. Very raw, but I had it in mind he would be a formidable partner with Branthwaite for many years. I read he’s just rejected a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.