2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Name a "maverick" , flair player who either Dyche has signed or flourished under him.

Even Fat Sam can point to Jay Jay Okocha
There was a narrative a couple of months back that he only ever signs white British players too.

He probably signs players within his means as managers should do.

Surely United aren’t coming back in for him if they are about to sign Zirkzee and De Ligt. I just don’t see how these clubs can spend and spend and nothing ever happens to them.
United want 2 CB's though, but they also need to sell before they buy and given that they seem to have been very close to PSR I wouldn't expect them back unless they suddenly have a fire sale.

We shouldn’t deal with them at all. Them and Chelsea shafted us so many times when we were willing to pay good money for one of their CBs who they didn’t even need. I seem to remember us inquiring after Rojo, Smalling, Zouma and they both strung us along before shafting us right at the end of the window and leaving us without a CB. They all left for less than we were willing to offer. We got left with Keane starting and Silva was gone later that season.

They have always been a difficult club to deal with.
When Ancelotti tried to sign the GK Romero on loan, even his wife (Romero's) said they seemed deliberately spiteful in blocking it, when he was 3rd-choice at the time.
Let them have a taste of their own medicine.

When Ancelotti tried to sign the GK Romero on loan, even his wife (Romero's) said they seemed deliberately spiteful in blocking it, when he was 3rd-choice at the time.
Club should have taken a “no deals with United under any circumstances” approach after the Romero thing.

No self respecting club is as spineless as us to have a club deny you a transfer because they think it will make you better and then roll over and sell them our best player (even if we get a fair price in the end).

Yes remember this very well .
Messed us around with Rojo too.

And the Fellaini/ Baines bid is still fresh in my mind.

I wouldn't deal with them at all.

Yes remember this very well .
Messed us around with Rojo too.

And the Fellaini/ Baines bid is still fresh in my mind.

I wouldn't deal with them at all.
Must admit I've messed around a bit with Rioja too. Red is go to of course but if you can get a good white.............

It's in reply to the OP asking if there is a type of Dyche player.
Ah right, well all I was saying is that your gifted maverick type players tend to cost more money than you regular clogger who can "do a job".

If he ever had a load of money to spend maybe he goes out and buys someone flash. Who knows?

Correct, nor their low ball offers of money.

£90m now because greaves has gone from hull, and it’ll cost us more to attempt to replace him.
Well, at least all the more reason to stick to our valuation of £70-75m for Branthwaite. The longer this nonsense with United continues, the harder it will be to replace him if we end up selling. Right, Greaves gone, so maybe O'Brien, but he may go elsewhere as well, hard to predict. Incidentally, I see Lyon got O'Brien from CP for just under £1m, but stand to make 25% on any sale if he moves back to the PL with another team. I hope we have other targets in mind, if we start the season with just Tark and Keane/Holgate we are in trouble.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.