2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

The salty tears in here is a sight to behold. “Good, didn’t want him anyway”. Of course you didn’t LOL.

Dressing it up as a principled decision when the reality is they are a formerly successful football club who are losing money hand over fist and can't afford a player of his quality or even offer him the level of football he deserves, but they still have enough gall to believe they should be entitled to him anyway.

Good news (if true)
He has been entirely professional throughout when they were clearly trying to unsettle him.
New contract incoming (deservedly so), hopefully with a significant release fee.

Think he’s very level headed. Had a sending off for us and went out on loan and did amazing for PSV, getting a trophy.

Came back and was probably the best young defender in the league including scoring a derby goal.

Guess work but I feel he knows moving to United now would be a disaster (see Maguire) and knows another season at an established premier league team, with in which he’s regarded extremely highly and first name on the team sheet with one of the best defensive records last season.

Just hope we kick on and convince him to stay after next season, if we don’t, I don’t blame him and will wish him all the best.

Keith Wyness, applause for this:

He told Football Insider‘s Insider Track podcast: “I just laughed again when that second bid came in – it’s nowhere near a valuation of a player of that quality.

“He’s a generational talent. I’m not being an Everton fan here, it’s just nowhere near enough.

“It’s a ridiculous way to conduct their transfer dealings.

“When I was in the Premier League, all the chief executives knew each other – and you get to know how each other move on transfers.

“Coming in with such a lowball offer just destroys your integrity.

“Of course there is a margin for negotiation, but you’ve got to be in the ballpark to be taken seriously.

“Dan Ashworth is in now, we’ll have to see if he can bring some sense to negotiations.

“£45m with £5m in add-ons, that’s still laughable.

“I’ve always said it’s going to be a £75m base fee, with add-ons. I’ve said months ago that he was a £100m player.

“He’s the right age, with the right talent. He performed spectacularly last season.

“He’s shown his athleticism and he’s also a very bright, stable and grounded kid.

“Branthwaite is everything you want in a centre-back.”

Keith Wyness, applause for this:

He told Football Insider‘s Insider Track podcast: “I just laughed again when that second bid came in – it’s nowhere near a valuation of a player of that quality.

“He’s a generational talent. I’m not being an Everton fan here, it’s just nowhere near enough.

“It’s a ridiculous way to conduct their transfer dealings.

“When I was in the Premier League, all the chief executives knew each other – and you get to know how each other move on transfers.

“Coming in with such a lowball offer just destroys your integrity.

“Of course there is a margin for negotiation, but you’ve got to be in the ballpark to be taken seriously.

“Dan Ashworth is in now, we’ll have to see if he can bring some sense to negotiations.

“£45m with £5m in add-ons, that’s still laughable.

“I’ve always said it’s going to be a £75m base fee, with add-ons. I’ve said months ago that he was a £100m player.

“He’s the right age, with the right talent. He performed spectacularly last season.

“He’s shown his athleticism and he’s also a very bright, stable and grounded kid.

“Branthwaite is everything you want in a centre-back.”
Just wait until 2 hours later when football insider release something with wyness saying we should have sold and we will be in trouble financially now etc

Delighted for us that we don't have to sell him and we can see him at Goodison for another season.

But also delighted for JB himself that he has dodged a bullet going to the car crash that is Man U under Ten Hag.

Another stellar season and I can easily see him getting a transfer to Real Madrid or Man City .

We might even get close to Zats valuation then.

Delighted for us that we don't have to sell him and we can see him at Goodison for another season.

But also delighted for JB himself that he has dodged a bullet going to the car crash that is Man U under Ten Hag.

Another stellar season and I can easily see him getting a transfer to Real Madrid or Man City .

Can definitely see City being interested. Ake, Akanji, Stones and Walker are all either in their 30s or coming up to 30. I imagine they’ll have a refresh at the end of the coming season.

Ive been vocal about us going for Wharton for ages...then he went to Palace and is in the England squad.

Also vocal about Gray and hes just popped off to Spurs for £25-40mil. He'll follow the same path as Wharton.

If we had signed either or both of those players I would think Branthwaite over the next 12months may be more inclined to stay.

Hes a young England international. Signing 2 other similar profile players would have been just the ticket.

Really disappointing to think Wharton at least was obtainable.

Ive been vocal about us going for Wharton for ages...then he went to Palace and is in the England squad.

Also vocal about Gray and hes just popped off to Spurs for £25-40mil. He'll follow the same path as Wharton.

If we had signed either or both of those players I would think Branthwaite over the next 12months may be more inclined to stay.

Hes a young England international. Signing 2 other similar profile players would have been just the ticket.

Really disappointing to think Wharton at least was obtainable.
Wharton , super player but he wasn't attainable for us due to our PSR restrictions and limitations imposed by Moshiri

Wharton , super player but he wasn't attainable for us due to our PSR restrictions and limitations imposed by Moshiri

Disagree, we could have gone in for him back in Jan and postdated the deal while offering a higher amount for him than Palace. We could also have picked him up 12months or 18months ago at least.

Weve been linked to him for a couple of years.

That is the profile we need to keep Branthwaite and rebuild.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.