2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Disagree, we could have gone in for him back in Jan and postdated the deal while offering a higher amount for him than Palace. We could also have picked him up 12months or 18months ago at least.

Weve been linked to him for a couple of years.

That is the profile we need to keep Branthwaite and rebuild.
Hmmm maybe but you have to factor in that Moshiri was on damage limitation and cruise control when it can to managing the club at that time. Put simply he was doing the bare minimum to maintain PL safety and the value of the asset. He wasn't remotely interested in the future for EFC.

Anyway a moot point now . Archie Gray , again a lovely young player but when I see him there is something missing, a drive , a snide an intensity to play centre midfield. He's just too nice. Will be interesting to see what Spurs do with him. Could go the way of Sessingnon , hope not.

Wharton always looked a real talent.

How do you feel.about his brother the centre half?

Hmmm maybe but you have to factor in that Moshiri was on damage limitation and cruise control when it can to managing the club at that time. Put simply he was doing the bare minimum to maintain PL safety and the value of the asset. He wasn't remotely interested in the future for EFC.

Anyway a moot point now . Archie Gray , again a lovely young player but when I see him there is something missing, a drive , a snide an intensity to play centre midfield. He's just too nice. Will be interesting to see what Spurs do with him. Could go the way of Sessingnon , hope not.

Not to mention that Blackburn needed the cash, they didnt need a pay you in June 2025 deal.

There is a huge difference between the two in terms of quality.

There is a huge difference between the two in terms of quality.

@jazzy i agree with Simon.

I do think in the central area that we need someone with a 'spark'. A player who is a good all rounder (like Garner) but has those attributes that you dont think Gray has.

Now, I will get a few pelters for this I'm sure but for an immediate impact I'd go back in for Conor Gallagher. Chelsea may allow us to pay on the drip and with him on the centre left and Garner on the right we have two all rounders.

Of course, extremely unlikely and, funnily enough an Ugochukwu has the right profile as well but that 150 day hamstring injury last season is an issue.

Hence why i would go for Camara at Metz. A good all rounder who will be very cheap but shown himself in ACON and almost impossible to lose money on...

In order for me it would be: Wharton, Camara, Gallagher, Ugochukwu.

Im pretty sure also with Camara and Asprilla for a combined £30mil we'd be looking at a major payoff after two seasons.

@jazzy i agree with Simon.

I do think in the central area that we need someone with a 'spark'. A player who is a good all rounder (like Garner) but has those attributes that you dont think Gray has.

Now, I will get a few pelters for this I'm sure but for an immediate impact I'd go back in for Conor Gallagher. Chelsea may allow us to pay on the drip and with him on the centre left and Garner on the right we have two all rounders.

Of course, extremely unlikely and, funnily enough an Ugochukwu has the right profile as well but that 150 day hamstring injury last season is an issue.

Hence why i would go for Camara at Metz. A good all rounder who will be very cheap but shown himself in ACON and almost impossible to lose money on...

In order for me it would be: Wharton, Camara, Gallagher, Ugochukwu.

Im pretty sure also with Camara and Asprilla for a combined £30mil we'd be looking at a major payoff after two seasons.

My mistake didnt see we were in the Branthwaite thread.

As for a 3rd choice CB amid the recent Keane to WBA rumours today...there appear to be no shortage of young centre backs at the moment. Faye at Barcelona and also plenty French kids...I suspect we'll be after O'Brien per the rumours.

He looks like Branthwaite due to his height and size and rather than him being a future Branthwaite replacement...why not a Tarkowski one over the next couple of seasons?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.