2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we've tries that for the last 2 years nearly, he got tackled in training by the sounds of it and probably won't be in the squad again this season. I wish he could get fit and atleast contribute alittle but he doesn't same as Delph always injured so what's the point

Really don’t know how to make this simpler. Even if we were of the opinion that he’ll never make a major contribution for us in the future (which none of us on here - or likely even at the club right now - have any way of knowing), cancelling his contract would be:

1) impossible
and (even if it WEREN’T impossible)
2) financially really dumb

Not sure if people are aware but they play football in training, sometimes football results in injuries... It's true! I also guarantee you every other club will have a subset of fans saying exactly the same thing about their own clubs....

Sometimes means every time as far as Gbamin is concerned. He’s literally not gone a week of training in his Everton career so far without getting injured. That’s not normal and doesn’t happen at every other club.

Think we've tries that for the last 2 years nearly, he got tackled in training by the sounds of it and probably won't be in the squad again this season. I wish he could get fit and atleast contribute alittle but he doesn't same as Delph always injured so what's the point

Think Delph has retired at this point.

They arent the same, I mean I doubt anybody cares whether Delph is fit or not.

Sometimes means every time as far as Gbamin is concerned. He’s literally not gone a week of training in his Everton career so far without getting injured. That’s not normal and doesn’t happen at every other club.
Hes been training on his own for weeks.

I mean I took this gif from the latest training vid, looks normal to me.

9dpQ.gif

Its been a tough season for everybody.

We arent the only club who get injuries in training, we just pay more attention to ours.

I mean Jack Grealish has been out for weeks with injuries hes suffered in training.
I know we aren't, but we get loads. Every season, not just this one.

It is a really hard season, so you'd think they'd be lowering the intensity of the sessions. Every single week near enough we're talking about another injury.

Let's stop faffing, it's not good enough.

The sessions clearly need to be tapered and from all the issues we've had I don't think our performance department is good enough.

If the sessions are intense, more needs to be done to help the players recover inbetween. It really doesn't seem like it's being done very well.

On a serious note we now have two recognised central midfielders fit for the rest of the season in Allan and Davies. One of them is Allan as well so ‘fit’ is a temporary status.

This might be an unpopular opinion but serious questions need to be asked at the club. Our injury prevention is shambolic. Sure every club has injuries from bad tackles etc. but they don’t have the continuous injuries we have. We’ve rotated all season yet can’t keep a midfielder fit. Gbamin is completely broken, Delph also, I’m not sure Gomes ever recovered from his ankle injury, Allan has been fully fit for about two games this season, Doucoure is the only premier league player I know this season who has a broken foot.

We’re a joke.

Like I said, dead wood. Looks like my multiple £50 bets are safe, at my expense - not that it was in doubt

It amazes me 'fans' are actually banking on this guy being the saviour for the Everton midfield, someone who played around 15 minutes of football

I want Everton to win something, they wont with all this deadwood - he needs to be shipped somewhere else for life long rehab

I know we aren't, but we get loads. Every season, not just this one.

It is a really hard season, so you'd think they'd be lowering the intensity of the sessions. Every single week near enough we're talking about another injury.

Let's stop faffing, it's not good enough.

The sessions clearly need to be tapered and from all the issues we've had I don't think our performance department is good enough.

If the sessions are intense, more needs to be done to help the players recover inbetween. It really doesn't seem like it's being done very well.
Well without actually watching any sessions and without a degree in physiotherapy I cant really judge the training sessions if I'm totally honest.

Well without actually watching any sessions and without a degree in physiotherapy I cant really judge the training sessions if I'm totally honest.

But we can judge the amount/volume of injuries we get in training, no?

You say every team does, but there isn't, off the top of my head, one that has sustained as many of us away from actual games with such regularity this season.

It's also not just physio. Strength and conditioning, gym and pool work, nutrition, sleep. All comes into play.

You say every team does, but there isn't, off the top of my head, one that has sustained as many of us away from actual games with such regularity this season.
You can judge what you want mate, I just said I have no idea how we train, so I'm going to avoid talking about something I know nothing about.

I don’t know what the root cause is but someone at Everton needs to be looking at it because we are winning nothing if we can’t keep our best players fit, and we’ve failed abysmally at that for the last decade.

We very well may have the most (I have no idea) but I sincerely doubt you, I, or 99.9% of the people on here) would have any idea if there were, since it’s unlikely any of us pay anywhere nearly as close attention to other sides’ training injury record as we do to our own

I don’t know what the root cause is but someone at Everton needs to be looking at it because we are winning nothing if we can’t keep our best players fit, and we’ve failed abysmally at that for the last decade.

It's this.

Like, whatever they're doing - and we obviously don't know what they're doing 100% - but it clearly isn't working. Like, all we know is that it clearly, isn't working, so they need to change whatever they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back