2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We very well may have the most (I have no idea) but I sincerely doubt you, I, or 99.9% of the people on here) would have any idea if there were, since it’s unlikely any of us pay anywhere nearly as close attention to other sides’ training injury record as we do to our own

It's my job every week like

Leicester have had a ton of injuries this season, same with Southampton. Most done in games, especially with Europa League for the Leicester one. Think Ings' last knock was one in training.

Look, training injuries happen, but you don't just accept you can't do anything about it. If they keep happening, then change what you're doing.

That's more what I was suggesting.
Yeah, would probably have made sense to take him out for a few days, see how his body reacted etc.

Maybe they did do that and it really is just bad luck. We don't know for sure. But can't be having (know you're not saying this) this idea we simply can't do anything to prevent players getting injured in training. It's the one place you can do stuff to stop them getting seriously hurt.

It's this.

Like, whatever they're doing - and we obviously don't know what they're doing 100% - but it clearly isn't working. Like, all we know is that it clearly, isn't working, so they need to change whatever they're doing.

I don’t know why people are getting edgy about it and snapping. Our injury record is abysmal and has been for ages. I mean we got 4 cruciate ligament injuries in 2009, some clubs don’t have that in an entire decade, the Gbamin situation is a complete joke, a perfectly healthy young player has joined the club and has barely played since he joined. See Delph. See Bernard. See Allan. It’s not good enough, yet every time it’s brought up there’s a crowd who claim we’re the same as other clubs.

I don’t know why people don’t understand, we have flushed 100s of millions pounds worth of assets down the toilet because our injury prevention is the worst in the league by a country mile.

Yakubu Arteta Vaughan Jagielka McCarthy Besic Oviedo Coleman Mangala Funes Mori Bolasie Gbamin Gomes Delph Tosun - their careers with us were either ended prematurely, vastly diminished, or finished completely, because of shattering injuries. They’re just the ones I can remember and don’t even include muscle injuries.

Even this week Tyler Onyango, Cenk Tosun and Gbamin have all picked up injuries. Lewis Warrington is coming back from a broken leg, just like Barkley had to (he then succumbed to injury also with us)

It’s a shambles. It honestly is and I don’t know why people claim that it’s the same at every other club. It’s not.

Rushed him back? The lad didn’t play for 20 months.. I dare say the medical staff working on his recovery have a better grasp of it than anyone here.
Lad just seems to be made of glass.

Yeah, would probably have made sense to take him out for a few days, see how his body reacted etc.

Maybe they did do that and it really is just bad luck. We don't know for sure. But can't be having (know you're not saying this) this idea we simply can't do anything to prevent players getting injured in training. It's the one place you can do stuff to stop them getting seriously hurt.

Just as an example, not that anyone cares about RBL, but one of their players has been out since the turn of the year, only just returned to individual grass training and the manager has said likely won't play this season. Gbamin went from nothing, to the grass, to playing a PL game in what seemed like a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back