2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked but he had one (1) start in what, almost 2 years? Maybe Lamps oughta give him some TLC and give him a go. We paid 25 m for this guy.

We should have let him go on loan. We aren't in the position to let him play himself back into fitness and form, and he needs to play.
Assuming there's a taker. He has two years left, so if we want to try that we can do it in the summer and in the League Cup. Alternately, if we get enough wins to reach safety in the next few games, then once we drop enough points to write off the rest of the season we can try it.

I think Frank will make a quick decision on him, so it’s a case of watch this space in the next 3 games to see if he features in anyway at all.

Oh dear you've really gone down hill the last 6 months or so. Benitez has really hurt you.

When Tyler Oyango and Tom Davies are getting selected ahead of a supposed International quality player who cost £25 million then alarm bells start ringing in my ears.

Maybe its the injuries that have made him crap or he was anyway who knows but the facts are at present he's another albatross around our necks like Toshun, Delph & Iwobi who'll all only leave when their contracts expire having sucked the life blood outta us.

When Tyler Oyango and Tom Davies are getting selected ahead of a supposed International quality player who cost £25 million then alarm bells start ringing in my ears.

Maybe its the injuries that have made him crap or he was anyway who knows but the facts are at present he's another albatross around our necks like Toshun, Delph & Iwobi who'll all only leave when their contracts expire having sucked the life blood outta us.
2 years out at the highest level is huge and not his fault. There is still time for him to get up to speed and he may never do so but it is bad luck and nothing more

2 years out at the highest level is huge and not his fault. There is still time for him to get up to speed and he may never do so but it is bad luck and nothing more

That may well be true mate but that doesn't change the facts that he cost us £25 millions, is on big wages and isn't pulling his weight.

He needs to shape up or be shipped oot be it a loan deal to the Championship/Turkey or whatever.

That may well be true mate but that doesn't change the facts that he cost us £25 millions, is on big wages and isn't pulling his weight.

He needs to shape up or be shipped oot be it a loan deal to the Championship/Turkey or whatever.
Thats true, especially where wages are concerned, but we can likely kiss the 25mil goodbye unless his level takes a big jump. At least he's available now so there is half a season left to know if it will ever work out or not

Like with Stu Holden, I don't know that there's anything left in there. Certainly not his fault. Just an incredibly bad run of luck that just goes to show how fortunate you have to be physically in order to get to play top-level football.

Status
Not open for further replies.