2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reported he didn't want to it's modern day player they don't want to "downgrade" but I agree it might have helped his fitness. He needed a run of games so a loan makes sense the issue is our lack of options at dm.
I quote, 'he didn't want to' This can't be true. Can it?
I'm not questioning you @billyblue80, it's just that I am flabbergasted.
Modern day footballers are little short of being spoilt brats. These cup cakes should be reminded of whom their employer is. Tell them to get out there and earn your right to be considered for first team football by getting yourself match fit. Physically, and mentally.
Jeez! It would make you spit blood.

Played 7 games in 3 weeks. Looks like he played full games too. Scored 1 got 2 assists. They have 6 games left, lets hope he plays in them too for fitness.

Spot on Tin Tin.

The fella getting through 90 minutes then back to back 90 minutes is an achievement.

It will be interesting to see what condition he comes back in and whether Lampard thinks there's a chance for him or not.

Spot on Tin Tin.

The fella getting through 90 minutes then back to back 90 minutes is an achievement.

It will be interesting to see what condition he comes back in and whether Lampard thinks there's a chance for him or not.

As much as I’d like it, I just think these players hardly ever come back into contention. The fact he was loaned out by Lampard suggests he won’t suddenly find his way in next season.

It’s been a massive shame for the player and Everton.

As much as I’d like it, I just think these players hardly ever come back into contention. The fact he was loaned out by Lampard suggests he won’t suddenly find his way in next season.

Probably right, which as you say is a shame. The manager obviously didn't fancy him, and it's unlikely to change. It's a shame as he seems to have a lot of what we are missing.

Still hope he can get back next season. If his run of games goes well and his confidence grows whilst on loan he could either be an squad option or more likely a sale somewhere near the original purchase price.
With the clear out coming this summer, we will still need depth in CM so hoping he shows why we bought him in the first place

The PL, especially CM is not a place to regain fitness after a bad injury, especially in a midfield like ours and the position we were in when Lampard arrived. Dont forget, he hardly got to grips with the pace of the PL before he got injured so he's still 'new' to it. That for me, was the main reason he was loaned out.

Hopefully he plays the remaining games, stays free from injury and comes back sharper. Then if Lampard still doesnt fancy him, look for a buyer - again will be slightly difficult due to wages. Shame as he looked to have the physical attributes for the league.

He was injured up till the 2nd pre-season game, hence on the OS, it says "Jean-Philippe Gbamin stepped up his comeback from injury by playing 45 minutes and scoring in a 1-0 practice match victory against Blackburn Rovers at USM Finch Farm."

Just watched that James and Moise Kean shame they didn’t stay around as they would have helped. But I always regardless of Benitez thought James would go, mainly due to FFP reasons also he was injured a lot.

Looking forward to a summer of people speculating that the times is now, and he's exactly what we need, before he heads off for another backwater loan at the end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.