2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. If RB doesnt trust his fitness levels, then he shouldnt be on the bench. Someone from the u23's should have been there instead. At least they could have offered legs and cover in midfield when we needed it at 2-1.
Too right mate. Surely he could manage half an hour whatever his fitness level, and he might as well get injured on the pitch doing a job for us than in training where we don't benefit at all.

Surely he is fit for 20 mins a game? I understand he is has been out for two years but he needed more than ever right now. I have never seen such an injury prone athlete in my life. I would love for him to be fit and help fill the void left by Doucoure.

You can’t compare him to Delph. He came with injury issues. JPG didn’t. He’s just been massively unlucky
Agree with the point about Delph being known for injuries before the geniuses at EFC decided to commit about £25m to him over 3 years on transfer/wages/loyalty/agent fee etc, but I'm also not sure I buy the argument that JPG is simply "unlucky". He kicked a ball in his second game and was out for a year (Gomes broke his ankle and was back waaaay quicker than JPG), then he ruptures an achillies at the end of his rehab playing foot-tennis or something, out for months again, had a decent pre-season this year by all accounts but is out yet again. How many long term injuries in almost back-to-back succession does it take before we go from "unlucky" to considering the possibility/probability the lad has serious frailties we didn't discover at time of signing and our medical team are simply not capable of getting his fragile self back in any quick time with any reliability?!

Agree with the point about Delph being known for injuries before the geniuses at EFC decided to commit about £25m to him over 3 years on transfer/wages/loyalty/agent fee etc, but I'm also not sure I buy the argument that JPG is simply "unlucky". He kicked a ball in his second game and was out for a year (Gomes broke his ankle and was back waaaay quicker than JPG), then he ruptures an achillies at the end of his rehab playing foot-tennis or something, out for months again, had a decent pre-season this year by all accounts but is out yet again. How many long term injuries in almost back-to-back succession does it take before we go from "unlucky" to considering the possibility/probability the lad has serious frailties we didn't discover at time of signing and our medical team are simply not capable of getting his fragile self back in any quick time with any reliability?!
This 100%, he cant recover from regular injuries. And he picks up multiple different knocks which suggests he's not unlucky but physically not capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.