2022/23 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me on the doll where…..
download.jpeg

Tbf to the lad he was very highly rated as a young talent, Liverpool were heavily linked with him the season before we signed him.

He'd had a very long season. He'd played all but 3 of mainz games that season racking up maximum minutes in most of the games. He then went on to play in the afcon. Then silva decided to play him when he wasn't match fit in the toughest league in the world, when the lad was knacked.

He did his hamstring in training, then the club decided he didn't need a operation, then it turned out when he was due to come back "oh, wait he does need a operation", then the meffs we got to do the operation didnt clean the wound properly and it got infected so he had to have another operation, then we rushed him back from that and he did his achilles tendon.

Which kept him out for a year and by then he was injury prone. if reports are to be believed he had became a bit of a party animal as well which wouldn't help.

No wonder he's angry at the club. The people in charge of his wellbeing essentially ruined the career of a highly rated talent.

He missed more games in his first season at everton then he'd missed in his entire career beforehand combined.
Unless Big Dunc did the surgery then I fail to see how any of this is Evertons fault.

Is he still on the payroll ffs
I don't see why players like him/Gomes we don't just sell them but knock off a few mill during negotiations to cover the wages issue.
at least we would be rid of the players and wage bills and yet still actually bring some money in for them, which wont happen how we do things.

I don't see why players like him/Gomes we don't just sell them but knock off a few mill during negotiations to cover the wages issue.
at least we would be rid of the players and wage bills and yet still actually bring some money in for them, which wont happen how we do things.
Agreed some of the contracts given to these flops is shocking

Don't think clubs are.willing to.pay.anything for them, and probably would.also want us to contribute to thier wages.too

Don't think clubs are.willing to.pay.anything for them, and probably would.also want us to contribute to thier wages.too
I think lille would have taken Gomes, just worried on the wages front. But that's why I said reduce the Negotiations by a couple mill to cover the Wages...
Or give it straight to the player.
that way we still bring in some money ( which we wouldn't have ) and the player can leave knowing he hasn't lost out on wages and now has a new Club/Contract..

Agreed some of the contracts given to these flops is shocking
Comparing a non entity like Gbamin with Gomes is a little bit unfair. Gomes isnt the guy to safe you when you are overrun in all parts of the pitch (like it happend all to often under Lampard). But if you have the right shape it is all together a different picture. The guy can keep the ball and open the game with clever balls.

If you were in charge of a football club, would you want Gbamin and Gomes, even for free?

Comparing a non entity like Gbamin with Gomes is a little bit unfair. Gomes isnt the guy to safe you when you are overrun in all parts of the pitch (like it happend all to often under Lampard). But if you have the right shape it is all together a different picture. The guy can keep the ball and open the game with clever balls.
I agree

I have a small hope that under dyche he might do something

Very unlikely I know

Gomes did well in the French League

Not a lost cause by any means, even if he can't cope with the pace of the premier League

Out of 38 games, he started 18 and was sub for another 8.

Wouldnt be surprised if he missed a few here and there with slight niggles as thats what happened at Everton (apart from the ankle break of course)

I just think his availability is something I'd question and be unwilling to offer him the kind of mind blowing wage he's on at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.