Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Still can't shake the feeling that we're bringing another no.10 in and sticking him out on the wing..

I do like a loan signing though. Generally the loan market has treated us well over the years so who knows.
I agree. We never seem to sign a player who has a nailed down position and plays his best football there. We brought Harrison in and people wondered why he didn’t produce his Leeds form for us. That’s because his best position is on the left and we shoehorned him over to the right where he can “do a job”. McNeil actually looks far better suited centrally in an attacking midfield role where he’s looked creative and can ping in goals with that left peg, but we’ve just signed Ndiaye and now Lindstrom who both seem to play their best football there also. Is one of both another example of players that will be moved to positions where they’re less affective? Gnonto is another who can play anywhere across the forward positions, but Leeds fans seem to point out that he’s far better on the left than anywhere else. He’s right footed and can cut inside and use that foot to do damage. He’s played on the right for Leeds because Summerville plays on the left and Gnonto has apparently looked less affective there. Where are we planning to play him??

We need to identify players for certain positions and play them in their favoured positions. We seem to constantly sign players and then try and fit round pegs in to square holes.

I agree. We never seem to sign a player who has a nailed down position and plays his best football there. We brought Harrison in and people wondered why he didn’t produce his Leeds form for us. That’s because his best position is on the left and we shoehorned him over to the right where he can “do a job”. McNeil actually looks far better suited centrally in an attacking midfield role where he’s looked creative and can ping in goals with that left peg, but we’ve just signed Ndiaye and now Lindstrom who both seem to play their best football there also. Is one of both another example of players that will be moved to positions where they’re less affective? Gnonto is another who can play anywhere across the forward positions, but Leeds fans seem to point out that he’s far better on the left than anywhere else. He’s right footed and can cut inside and use that foot to do damage. He’s played on the right for Leeds because Summerville plays on the left and Gnonto has apparently looked less affective there. Where are we planning to play him??

We need to identify players for certain positions and play them in their favoured positions. We seem to constantly sign players and then try and fit round pegs in to square holes.
I think every team does what you're saying though the days of everyone being an out and out winger on one side have long gone its normal to have players now who play across the front 3 positions and when you're stuck for money like we are signing one player who can fill in in a couple of roles is a lot cheaper than signing 3 players who can all play in one position. I've never seen fans be so worried that a team has signed 2 (TWO) players who might both like to play in a similar role its a squad game these days we need options!

He looks like a good signing, but happy to admit I haven’t seen enough of him to judge. I’m not sure why people are moaning about what position he plays / will play before we’ve even got him . The fact remains we’ve still not got much money to splash around and are fishing in a small pool of what we can afford and those people we can get on loan, let’s trust Thelwell/ Dyche to get the best out of what we can afford and what we’ve got.

Exactly the right low risk high pay off transfer

McNeil and Harrison on the wings are ok but sees us around 14th in the table based off last season

If this guy doesn’t work out they’ll carry on playing every game, if not we could make a push up the league and have an affordable fee to pay at the end of the season to make it permanent

Apparently this gets done today and I’m yet to see a flight tracker @Eggs something feels off on this..

Seems an odd flight path but he appears to have landed this morning

1721810614095.webp

Seems an odd flight path but he appears to have landed this morning

View attachment 265897
Probably stop off for a pint of Guiness and a little flutter on the horses on the way and retell stories of his football career which nobody asked about. And then post a boomer Facebook meme containing minions completely unrelated to any discussion for some reason.

Hopefully we have it all wrapped up by the end of the week.

So ... he's now coming in for the week long medical, another 9 days for the media team to film him saying "big club" another two days for faffing then he's announced as ours. Can't wait.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back