Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

A dane here.

Lindstrøm were erratic at Frankfurt - Their style of play suited him way better than Napoli. He needs space to run in the channels, and he doesnt have that at Napoli because they are a ball possession-team.

If he brings What i know he Can, he will be a brilliant addition to the team.

Everybody here wants a winger that will score and assist 30 goals a season. They cost more than we can afford. We have to look at players that can have that ability but not always shown it and then help bring it out in them. One bad season doesn’t make a bad player. This is exactly the sort of signing we should be making.

On loan, yes. I imagine Even after one poor season they’d still be looking to recoup £20m(ish). That’s a sizeable punt for us

Remember being dead excited when we signed him.

Possibly the slowest winger to grace Goodison.

We’ve had a few to be fair - Oster, Kilbane, Bily, I’m sure we used Pembridge out wide as well. Ossie, Arteta and even Pienaar weren’t particularly quick. We’d all love rapid wide men but don’t normally get to see them at Goodison (not playing in blue, anyway)

His best position is probably as a 10 but has played both wings. Has a tendency to pick up muscle injuries. He was very good at Frankfurt, mainly as a 10, and I can see his versatility appealing to us but he’s maybe a bit better than McNeil or Harrison. He has nothing like the pace or unpredictability of Minteh/Philogene. An odd one IMO.
Yeah in terms of recruitment lists it feels like he would’ve been the next guy down from Ndiaye rather than the next guy down from Philogene? So a strange one to pursue after landing the former and not the latter.

A dane here.

Lindstrøm were erratic at Frankfurt - Their style of play suited him way better than Napoli. He needs space to run in the channels, and he doesnt have that at Napoli because they are a ball possession-team.

If he brings What i know he Can, he will be a brilliant addition to the team.
How does he handle the hoofball mate?

is he good at tracking back and doubling up with the fullback?

Going from Minteh and Philogene to this lad is very Everton isn't it. I don't like to write players off early but this one hasn't got me excited at all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back