Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Going from Minteh and Philogene to this lad is very Everton isn't it. I don't like to write players off early but this one hasn't got me excited at all.
I don't know enough about the player tbh but I watch a fair bit of the championship and I'm not bothered about Philogene, much of the hype is because of THAT goal and there were better wingers in that league last season, in terms of G+A, I don't think he even finished in the top 10.

The obligatory 'welcome to Everton' vid :lol:
Lots of passing backwards and a first touch that masks as a pass - will fit in perfectly! Hopefully just this video, but not convinced. On the flip side, I’m sure I remember us being linked with him last summer pre Napoli and how well thought of he was then.

Going from Minteh and Philogene to this lad is very Everton isn't it. I don't like to write players off early but this one hasn't got me excited at all.

Bit silly. He's got experience in both Europe and two top leagues in the Bundesliga and Serie A. Won the Europa League. Will be a good signing. I do wonder if this hints at a formation change too with two inverted attackers similar to how Palace used Olise and Eze.

Bit silly. He's got experience in both Europe and two top leagues in the Bundesliga and Serie A. Won the Europa League. Will be a good signing. I do wonder if this hints at a formation change too with two inverted attackers similar to how Palace used Olise and Eze.
Also maybe the links to the kabore the lad who was at luton last season, have an attacking rb. Still hope we get another winger to come into the squad.

Worth pointing out that he's played most of his career at CM/AM and not on the wing, so perhaps not the winger that we want. I do think we'll get him (if we do) and sign a winger on top of that. The fact he can play wing probably contributes.

Worth pointing out that he's played most of his career at CM/AM and not on the wing, so perhaps not the winger that we want. I do think we'll get him (if we do) and sign a winger on top of that. The fact he can play wing probably contributes.
Same as Ndiaye then, can play out wide but not maybe his best position. Many of the potential targets being linked would suggest some sort of a formation change but that's a huge swing for someone like Dyche.

Same as Ndiaye then, can play out wide but not maybe his best position. Many of the potential targets being linked would suggest some sort of a formation change but that's a huge swing for someone like Dyche.

I dont think it does actually, i think it suggests more that Doucoure is not going to be the standard pick playing off the striker. I've always been a fan of if your playing a 4-2-3-1 (which we generally do), if you have your three attacking midfielders rotate thorughout the game naturally, that is a massive thing. I may be talking waffle but I just can't see a negative with that in regards to attack.

I am a bit suprised with the players we're going for, Philogene, Minteh, Lindstrom. They don't really scream 'Dyche' so i think, this is the summer we are actually making tweaks to our tactics/playstyle and trying to get more of the ball and more threat to score goals.

His time at Napoli just seems to be a complete waste for everyone, but looking at previous he looks a talent. I watched a youtube montage of him last night 10 minutes long and while i don't usually take them seriously (apart from Minteh who i was all in on us getting - RIP), but what I noticed was the amount of footage in teh same season or two seasons that was him taking a man on, being positive in possesion.

We wanted our recruitment team to do their job, to identify players abroad who can come in and do the job required, this type of signing is exactly that and hopefully, if we do sign him, he can back the recruitment teams ideas up.

He's got an excellent commentary name.

Jesper can be said really quickly.

Lindstrom is great for emphasising the '-strom'.

"Jesper (say as quick as you can) LindSTROOMMMM, fires wide for the blues. That's 0 goals in 25 starts for the Toffees summer signing".

Can't wait, music to the ear.

What's the fee being reported? if it's anywhere near the €30m that Napoli bought him for last season then it's a hard swerve for me.

….personally doubt there’s anything in this as he’s a similar type to Ndiaye and not the conventional winger we seem to be after. The fee Napoli paid is a shocker and they’d surely be looking to recoup. A loan deal might be more accurate if the link is true.

Maybe Romano got mixed up with John Lundstrum ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.