Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

No chance Sean Dyche plays with a false 9.

It's also why I can't understand the glee from some that DCL might leave.

He's the ideal Dyche CF.

There’s no glee from me over DCL. He wants out. What else can we do?

There’s only Beto to lead the line. He’s not the answer. We have hardly any money. I will say that Dyche hasn’t had the chance to change the way he wants to play in his managerial career.
He’s never had any other options. Let’s wait and see what happens

Why do you say Gnonto prefers playing on the left?

With his skillset I see him (as with Lindstrom) better in the central areas -- unless they cut inside from out wide.

If we went for Gnonto as well then surely we'd be looking at a narrow 3 behind the centre forward?

McNeil, Gnonto, Harrison, Ndiaye & Lindstrom all seem to be best coming inside (between wing and centre) and driving directly to goal. Especially with the likes of Lindstrom, Ndiaye and Gnonto (if he signs) being really good in tight spaces.

None of them are wingers that stand on the touchine and motor down the chalk.

I reckon we'll be going 4231
GK:pickford
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Branthwaite
RCB: Tarkowski
RB: Patterson
CM: Gana
CM: Garner
LACM: Gnonto
ACM: Ndiaye
RACM: Lindstrom
CF:

So, if thats the case (it may well not be) then why would DCL be effective? As his game would rely on crosses.

Surely we'll be resorting to punting it up to him with the 3 behind swarming onto his knock downs?

The other starting option being Beto who could also be effective if the initial ball forward was aimed on the ground at the 3 ACMs.

It certainly sounds like Dyche to go the DCL way, using a high press in defensive actions.

That would explain the need to have multiple attacking players as they would need to be freauently rotated as they'll be cream crackered every game.
I believe his style is to cut inside and run at defences or shoot and he's right foored. I believe he only plays on the right for Leeds because Summervile plays on the left, but if Gnonto can play either side then he could slot in anywhere. We seem to be collecting attacking versatile players at the moment, which is great for giving the manager options.

With his skillset I see him (as with Lindstrom) better in the central areas -- unless they cut inside from out wide.

If we went for Gnonto as well then surely we'd be looking at a narrow 3 behind the centre forward?

McNeil, Gnonto, Harrison, Ndiaye & Lindstrom all seem to be best coming inside (between wing and centre) and driving directly to goal. Especially with the likes of Lindstrom, Ndiaye and Gnonto (if he signs) being really good in tight spaces.

CF:

So, if thats the case (it may well not be) then why would DCL be effective? As his game would rely on crosses.

Surely we'll be resorting to punting it up to him with the 3 behind swarming onto his knock downs?

The other starting option being Beto who could also be effective if the initial ball forward was aimed on the ground at the 3 ACMs.

It certainly sounds like Dyche to go the DCL way, using a high press in defensive actions.

That would explain the need to have multiple attacking players as they would need to be freauently rotated as they'll be cream crackered every game.
I agree the players we're bringing in will be suited to playing in a more narrow three behind the striker which I don't mind, hopefully would give us more goal threat from different areas.

My only worry is that we dont have the full backs to overlap and provide the width to make that work. If our full backs don't want to/aren't allowed to get forward then players like Gnonto and Lindstrom won't have the space to cut inside.

There’s no glee from me over DCL. He wants out. What else can we do?

There’s only Beto to lead the line. He’s not the answer. We have hardly any money. I will say that Dyche hasn’t had the chance to change the way he wants to play in his managerial career.
He’s never had any other options. Let’s wait and see what happens
Beto would struggle at Marine FC ....

CF:

HOOF

The more I hear about this lad, the more I’m getting Alex Iwobi vibes.
Nah. This lad is direct and quick. Ped made a comparison to Mirallas and if you watch the lad's running style, that's not a terrible shout. Massive generalisation but not the worst shout

CF:

It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 deployed narrow, sniffing round the second ball. Lindstrom is quite tall, too, so could well be a Plan B for the hoof if Dom is crowded out or Beto plays. Stay narrow in defence and keep the FBs back to stop the cross - Certainly feels very Dychian.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back