Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Hmmm. So we might have him, Dele, Doucoure, Ndiaye (and possibly Gnonto, and arguably McNeil) fighting it out for the same central attacking midfielder position? Is there a requirement in the Everton small-print to have a player on loan that we don't play? The Ruben Vinagre / Anwar El Ghazi clause? I don't mind accepting the role for a year, if they need someone a (little) bit cheaper. Surely Dele and/or Doucoure would be on their way out if he comes in?

Hmmm. So we might have him, Dele, Doucoure, Ndiaye (and possibly Gnonto, and arguably McNeil) fighting it out for the same central attacking midfielder position? Is there a requirement in the Everton small-print to have a player on loan that we don't play? The Ruben Vinagre / Anwar El Ghazi clause? I don't mind accepting the role for a year, if they need someone a (little) bit cheaper. Surely Dele and/or Doucoure would be on their way out if he comes in?
Are we signing Dele? Not sure we can afford that risk.

I don't know what people are struggling with 1. we need a squad and so having more than one player who can play in a position isn't a bad thing at all and 2. all the reports are that he does play out wide he just isn't a natural winger. I can't understand why people are struggling to grasp what this means when you would probably say the same about most of the wingers we've had this century Pienaar Arteta Mirallas Iwobi Bernard James Danjuma Dobbin none of them were old fashioned wingers but they are all comfortable playing out wide its just a normal thing!

Last season used what was available to him to get results to keep us safe from relegation.
At Burnley I doubt that he ever had the wherewithal to have a transfer window where he could bring in players of the quality of Lindstrom, Ndiaye and Harrisson.

Tim Iroegbunam was exactly the signing he would have made and would then try to make him a much better player.

It also sounds as if our transfer activity is far from over.

People are guessing that our tactics next season will not change even though the manager has not got different types of options open to him. We need to wait and see on that.

Last season used what was available to him to get results to keep us safe from relegation.
At Burnley I doubt that he ever had the wherewithal to have a transfer window where he could bring in players of the quality of Lindstrom, Ndiaye and Harrisson.

Tim Iroegbunam was exactly the signing he would have made and would then try to make him a much better player.

It also sounds as if our transfer activity is far from over.

People are guessing that our tactics next season will not change even though the manager has not got different types of options open to him. We need to wait and see on that.
Fingers crossed that the tactics might change a bit, and I think the signings are pretty positive so far. I mean we looked lower league on the ball last season for the most part. Does Dyche have "Blue steel" in the works? I remember us lumping long balls up to Maupay a couple of seasons back, so I'm not sure I'm that optimistic. But who knows.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back