Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

I don't know what people are struggling with 1. we need a squad and so having more than one player who can play in a position isn't a bad thing at all and 2. all the reports are that he does play out wide he just isn't a natural winger. I can't understand why people are struggling to grasp what this means when you would probably say the same about most of the wingers we've had this century Pienaar Arteta Mirallas Iwobi Bernard James Danjuma Dobbin none of them were old fashioned wingers but they are all comfortable playing out wide its just a normal thing!

Pretty hard to find an old fashioned traditional winger these days

I agree the players we're bringing in will be suited to playing in a more narrow three behind the striker which I don't mind, hopefully would give us more goal threat from different areas.

My only worry is that we dont have the full backs to overlap and provide the width to make that work. If our full backs don't want to/aren't allowed to get forward then players like Gnonto and Lindstrom won't have the space to cut inside.

Depending on the high press and central midfield tactics im not sure our full backs necessarily would need to overlap.

If we did use a trio of 'central' attacking midfielders + the centre forward and a central midfielder breaking from deep were looking at 5 central players attacking simultaneously at speed.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 deployed narrow, sniffing round the second ball. Lindstrom is quite tall, too, so could well be a Plan B for the hoof if Dom is crowded out or Beto plays. Stay narrow in defence and keep the FBs back to stop the cross - Certainly feels very Dychian.

Lindstom apparently isnt the best at heading.

Depending on the spaces between defence, midfield, attacking midfield and centre forward through the centre it shouldnt be too challenging to get the ball forwards centrally...even through the sheer number of players in the mix.

I remember when posters used to lambast Jags for being slow, data was then released which showed him being clocked as the fastest in the league that season, the theme then changed too "one moment of speed doesn't prove he's fast" etc etc.

People love to nail their colours to the mast ASAP and rabidly stick to it even in the face of glaring evidence to the contrary.

No pace? The benchmark admittedly isn't high, but assuming he signs then he's the quickest player in our squad.
Gnonto is quicker and a better choice if we’re paying 20+m.

I’m just glad we are not force to sign Lindstrøm with an obligation if he is not able to break ahead of McNeil and Gnonto.

Something doesn't seem right on this one. We all know how frustrating the club is for dragging out transfers but this one is taking an eternity to get over the line. Got a feeling that this bloke isn't too keen on joining us. When he was at Frankfurt he was managed by Glasner who is now at Palace. Wonder if he is waiting for an approach from them? They have sold Olise and there's rumours about Eze leaving so seems an ideal place for him to go.

Something doesn't seem right on this one. We all know how frustrating the club is for dragging out transfers but this one is taking an eternity to get over the line. Got a feeling that this bloke isn't too keen on joining us. When he was at Frankfurt he was managed by Glasner who is now at Palace. Wonder if he is waiting for an approach from them? They have sold Olise and there's rumours about Eze leaving so seems an ideal place for him to go.

Mate he's passed a medical with us, relax.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back