Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Hi all,

Sorry for bargin in - As can be guessed from my username, I do not support Everton.
And it is ok, if I am thrown from here like yesterdays trash :) - Do not want to show disrespect or anything.

I am a half Dane half Englishman living in Denmark.

Just wanted to chime in and say, that the reason Jesper was probably holding back on saying yes, is that he and his family are MAJOR Liverpool fans.
This is quite normal for people from the Area where Jesper is from.

It is known as "Vestegnen" or the "Western Suburbs" - This is where Brøndby is, and is known as a somewhat poorer area of Copenhagen with a bit of a bad rep.

Alot of people from Brøndby or the sorrounding areas are Liverpool fans.

With regards to Jesper though, he is a great player who got stuck in some bad circumstances at Napoli.
Was a beast in the Danish league as an 18-19 year old. Was a beast in Frankfurt (Rookie of the year in BuLi, scored a banger of a goal against a strong Bayern team, and won the Europa League with them. Had no issues in the BuLi.

Has struggled to find his place on the NT though, and was never really given the chance in Napoli. He played what amounts to around 4-5 full games counting all minutes. And many of those minutes were last 10-15 min subs.

He is pacier than he looks, he is a bit lanky though, and needs to pack on some muscle for the prem. He is used to being able to dribble his way around, so can be bullied physically. This is what happened on the NT. But the NTs tactics never suited him. Thankfully Denmark are getting a new coach, as Hjulmand retired from the NT.

He is a smart player, and he passes much better than what was posted in the beginning of this thread as a weakness. Imo, that was a stupid take on him as a player. And made that site seem like they know very little.

He is a little shy as a person, so not a very talkative lad like say Højlund from Man. United.

Enjoy him, I think if he is put into a system that suits him, and with a coach who trusts him, and gives him more than one chance, he could shine for you guys.
However, he needs to build some physicality imo.
Thanks mate,

I have no problem with him being a kopite, i guess there are many that have walked through the doors of Goodison park. (its not his fault nobody is perfect)

Once he meets the fans and sees the support he will receive here, he will soon be singing kopites are gobsh...................

Lets hope he achieves his dream of playing at Anfield and scoring the winner (In blue)

Thanks mate,

I have no problem with him being a kopite, i guess there are many that have walked through the doors of Goodison park. (its not his fault nobody is perfect)

Once he meets the fans and sees the support he will receive here, he will soon be singing kopites are gobsh...................

Lets hope he achieves his dream of playing at Anfield and scoring the winner (In blue)
Well, hopefully he succeeds with you guys.

Not a kopite myself, so we share the hatred :D

He needs to be played in a position he will function in.

Like I said, he is a great dribbler, but not at speed. He works better in tight spaces.
Has a great shot, and is good passer as well.

As can be seen below, he is NOT successful on the wings - And Napoli did not seem to understand that at all.

Frankfurt
Frankpos.png

Napoli:

NapoliPos.png

Brøndby

BIFPOS.png

Like I said, he is a great dribbler, but not at speed. He works better in tight spaces.

As can be seen below, he is NOT successful on the wings - And Napoli did not seem to understand that at all.

Frankfurt
View attachment 266017

Napoli:

View attachment 266018

Brøndby

View attachment 266019
So you're a Utd fan then..

Lets hope our manager sees this and plays him in his most effective position, having someone comfortable on the ball in tight spaces is something we are crying out for.

Im looking forward to watching him and hope he can get me off my seat for the right reasons and not to shout WTFkin el was that!!!

Lets hope our manager sees this and plays him in his most effective position, having someone comfortable on the ball in tight spaces is something we are crying out for.

Im looking forward to watching him and hope he can get me off my seat for the right reasons and not to shout WTFkin el was that!!!
100% Dyche plays this guy on the wing instead of attacking mid 😫

Frankfurt
View attachment 266017

Napoli:

View attachment 266018

Brøndby

View attachment 266019

Its interesting, looking at that, I am wondering why we are so focussed on signing this guy, we really just play with one AM, we played with Doucoure there for most of last season, we have signed Ndiaye for that position already and we are possibly going to re-sign Dele.

My only thought is that maybe the manager is thinking that Ndiaye and Lindstrom can interchange positions during the game, or maybe play Lindstrom off the wing, but more tucked in, so we get more bodies in the box and have the fullbacks provide the crosses on the overlap.
We certainly had the issue last season where too often Dom was isolated in the box when we had the ball, so we do need to find some way to solve that.

Its interesting, looking at that, I am wondering why we are so focussed on signing this guy, we really just play with one AM, we played with Doucoure there for most of last season, we have signed Ndiaye for that position already and we are possibly going to re-sign Dele.

My only thought is that maybe the manager is thinking that Ndiaye and Lindstrom can interchange positions during the game, or maybe play Lindstrom off the wing, but more tucked in, so we get more bodies in the box and have the fullbacks provide the crosses on the overlap.
We certainly had the issue last season where too often Dom was isolated in the box when we had the ball, so we do need to find some way to solve that.
I'd agree with this. The signings so far seem to suggest options for a possible formation change. I'd expect he will still mostly go 4-4-1-1 but might we see more variety now we have more attacking options?

I think having players that can keep the ball in the attacking 3rd has been an issue theyve looked to correct.

Hoofball doesn't get labelled hoofball when the ball sticks up top and youre effective up there.

See Klopps RS in their pomp that bypassed a midfield

Indeed, since 93 :)

Here is hoping he does well - He is a modest, and loyal kid. He comes from a family of footy fanatics, and he is a real Brøndby kid (Always loyal and always give their all).

Toff alluded to it the other day mate, saying Lindstrom is not a winger but a attacking mid is not accurate exactly, he's played mainly as one of two attacking mids in either a 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1, so his best position and the heat maps back this up is like a wide attack mid operating in that space.

I'll try get hold of the heat maps when he was at Frankfurt as it'll show it clearly.

Frankfurt
View attachment 266017

Napoli:

View attachment 266018

Brøndby

View attachment 266019

So I saw that on Transfermarkt and it surprised me because every time I saw Lindstrom at Frankfurt (not seen any of him at Napoli), he was playing on the right from what I remember

This seems to back up what I thought:

All I can assume is that Transfermarkt have interpreted this wrong. He played in Glasner's 343/3421 system on the right of the attacking three, but they could be quite narrow, so maybe Transfermarkt have interpreted that as playing as a number 10. All I can tell you is that my eyes in the limited times I saw him, and the position data suggest he was on the right predominantly.

Also, if you go and watch his YouTube highlights from the Frankfurt couple of years he had, most of them seem to have him on the right

Brother said to us that the best way to think about him positionally is the way Olise plays at Palace (the palace manager is his former Frankfurt one)

So I saw that on Transfermarkt and it surprised me because every time I saw Lindstrom at Frankfurt (not seen any of him at Napoli), he was playing on the right from what I remember

All I can assume is that Transfermarkt have interpreted this wrong. He played in Glasner's 343/3421 system on the right of the attacking three, but they could be quite narrow, so maybe Transfermarkt have interpreted that as playing as a number 10. All I can tell you is that my eyes in the limited times I saw him, and the position data suggest he was on the right predominantly.

Also, if you go and watch his YouTube highlights from the Frankfurt couple of years he had, most of them seem to have him on the right

Kind of supports what I just said that mate, good post

I mean we signed McNeil as a winger and I imagine his heat map is even more central than this.

Id love to play with proper wingers, but I think a lot of movement seems to be towards inside forwards, looks to be set up as winger in traditional lineups, but move inside quite a bit.

It's basically more of a front three, dare I say it like Liverpool and mobile fullbacks to give more width.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.