Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Hi all,

Sorry for bargin in - As can be guessed from my username, I do not support Everton.
And it is ok, if I am thrown from here like yesterdays trash :) - Do not want to show disrespect or anything.

I am a half Dane half Englishman living in Denmark.

Just wanted to chime in and say, that the reason Jesper was probably holding back on saying yes, is that he and his family are MAJOR Liverpool fans.
This is quite normal for people from the Area where Jesper is from.

It is known as "Vestegnen" or the "Western Suburbs" - This is where Brøndby is, and is known as a somewhat poorer area of Copenhagen with a bit of a bad rep.

Alot of people from Brøndby or the sorrounding areas are Liverpool fans.

With regards to Jesper though, he is a great player who got stuck in some bad circumstances at Napoli.
Was a beast in the Danish league as an 18-19 year old. Was a beast in Frankfurt (Rookie of the year in BuLi, scored a banger of a goal against a strong Bayern team, and won the Europa League with them. Had no issues in the BuLi.

Has struggled to find his place on the NT though, and was never really given the chance in Napoli. He played what amounts to around 4-5 full games counting all minutes. And many of those minutes were last 10-15 min subs.

He is pacier than he looks, he is a bit lanky though, and needs to pack on some muscle for the prem. He is used to being able to dribble his way around, so can be bullied physically. This is what happened on the NT. But the NTs tactics never suited him. Thankfully Denmark are getting a new coach, as Hjulmand retired from the NT.

He is a smart player, and he passes much better than what was posted in the beginning of this thread as a weakness. Imo, that was a stupid take on him as a player. And made that site seem like they know very little.

He is a little shy as a person, so not a very talkative lad like say Højlund from Man. United.

Enjoy him, I think if he is put into a system that suits him, and with a coach who trusts him, and gives him more than one chance, he could shine for you guys.
However, he needs to build some physicality imo.

Yup we need one more for certain as Doucoure is a liability in a midfield two.
He's not really when you consider how Dyche plays.

Onana is an excellent ball-playing midfielder. But Dyche just doesn't play that way.

Doucoure in a CM 2 for Lampard was poor. But he played very well in a CM 2 for Benitez, because Benitez didn't want much of the ball.

I definitely think we could do with another CM, but we do have to think too what this manager wants/needs and usually he's been happy with 2 hasslers and energetic midfielders rather than those who can actually dictate the tempo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back