Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Why do you say Gnonto prefers playing on the left?

With his skillset I see him (as with Lindstrom) better in the central areas -- unless they cut inside from out wide.

If we went for Gnonto as well then surely we'd be looking at a narrow 3 behind the centre forward?

McNeil, Gnonto, Harrison, Ndiaye & Lindstrom all seem to be best coming inside (between wing and centre) and driving directly to goal. Especially with the likes of Lindstrom, Ndiaye and Gnonto (if he signs) being really good in tight spaces.

None of them are wingers that stand on the touchine and motor down the chalk.

I reckon we'll be going 4231
GK:pickford
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Branthwaite
RCB: Tarkowski
RB: Patterson
CM: Gana
CM: Garner
LACM: Gnonto
ACM: Ndiaye
RACM: Lindstrom
CF:

So, if thats the case (it may well not be) then why would DCL be effective? As his game would rely on crosses.

Surely we'll be resorting to punting it up to him with the 3 behind swarming onto his knock downs?

The other starting option being Beto who could also be effective if the initial ball forward was aimed on the ground at the 3 ACMs.

It certainly sounds like Dyche to go the DCL way, using a high press in defensive actions.

That would explain the need to have multiple attacking players as they would need to be freauently rotated as they'll be cream crackered every game.
Dyche isn't going to change his spots suddenly.

Lindstrom is coming in as a versatile option; they want Gnonto as an out and out pacey winger. Philogene was along the same lines, clearly.

I imagine it'll be Harrison and Lindstrom for the right, McNeil and Gnonto for the left, with Ndiaye the first choice behind the striker. But that's 5 pretty solid options and 3 of them can all play as a '10'.

There’s no glee from me over DCL. He wants out. What else can we do?

There’s only Beto to lead the line. He’s not the answer. We have hardly any money. I will say that Dyche hasn’t had the chance to change the way he wants to play in his managerial career.
He’s never had any other options. Let’s wait and see what happens
Oh not saying there is from you mate.

If DCL leaves, they'll go for a CF. Their target is Broja, but sure they have others. Their first-choice, though, is to keep Dom. And rightly so.

Dyche isn't going to change his spots suddenly.

Lindstrom is coming in as a versatile option; they want Gnonto as an out and out pacey winger. Philogene was along the same lines, clearly.

I imagine it'll be Harrison and Lindstrom for the right, McNeil and Gnonto for the left, with Ndiaye the first choice behind the striker. But that's 5 pretty solid options and 3 of them can all play as a '10'.

One of the big things for me mate is bench options, we just haven’t had any to influence a game last season, thinking of games at City, Bournemouth, Brighton and WHU at home were players came on to influence a game and get a result against us, were we had nothing to balance the scales.

People worried about where lads will play, I’m not, more and the deeper the squad the better.

One of the big thing for me mate is bench options, we just haven’t had any to influence a game last season, thinking of games at City, Bourmouth, Brighton and WHU were players came in to influence a game and get a result against us, were we had nothing to balance the scales.

People worried about where lads will play, I’m not, more and the deeper the squad the better.

I don't worry about that at all really. It's up to Harrison and McNeil to do better/be more consistent. We should want players to improve existing players more.

There is more a question for me, of will Dyche get the best from them. The counter is, he did very well with Cornet didn't he? Who didn't seem a Dyche player so to speak.

I don't worry about that at all really. It's up to Harrison and McNeil to do better/be more consistent. We should want players to improve existing players more.

There is more a question for me, of will Dyche get the best from them. The counter is, he did very well with Cornet didn't he? Who didn't seem a Dyche player so to speak.
I don't think Cornet was a success at Turf Moor

Great news on this lad.

I hope our window keeps progressing and we get the targets we've been looking for, irregardless of the takeover falling apart.

Then, in comes Friedkin to low-ball Moshiri in a few months time and we get everything we always wanted.

Sensual.

Looking at the clips he reminds me a bit of David Brooks of Bournemouth, I’ve always hoped that we would have gone for Brooks before his illness, decent player.

The other advantage is if you analyse the slump from Dec to March it came after a heavy Xmas period, followed by injury, AFCON, tough fixtures and a jaded squad unable to cope, until they got that break in Portugal. Bigger and deeper squad - or more rather live squad options will hopefully guard against that.

A lot will be up to the players, I’ve been saying for a while, we will be taking on players with a risk profile and everyone so far carries a measure of risk. I’m not so sure it’s about the manager getting the best out of them as opposed to them having to carry their weight in the system - Danjuma is an example of that and of it not working out. You have to perform in the role and to the standard as a minimum, personally I’m on board with that mate, he’s created a culture.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back