Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

Do they? Being linked in crap media repeatedly doesnt mean they rate him.
They do, and it's not just from 'crap media'.

Not sure what more to tell you. He's well liked by the recruitment team and his agency have made it clear he's willing to join.

I'm fairly confident he'd have been in already had DCL gone to Newcastle.

But whether Everton go and spend £30m on the bloke is a different matter. Personally, I'd like to think not.

They do, and it's not just from 'crap media'.

Not sure what more to tell you. He's well liked by the recruitment team and his agency have made it clear he's willing to join.

I'm fairly confident he'd have been in already had DCL gone to Newcastle.

But whether Everton go and spend £30m on the bloke is a different matter. Personally, I'd like to think not.
What proof of any of that is there?

Don't know what to say mate other than I'm very confident there's genuine interest from both sides! But is what it is, doesn't mean he's a certainty to end up here. For Lampard it was a good fit. Not sure that's the same for Dyche.
See under Frank the signing made a lot of sense as he knew the lad and was obviously very keen. And it’s reasonable we’ve kept track of him since.

But there’s nothing we could’ve seen since that would encourage us, because there’s been nothing to see. He’s barely played and when you can’t play you can’t really develop, and the last two years would’ve been a vital part of his development.

Like you I do believe the interest is serious but for the life of me I can’t see what they’re seeing, other than the potential he had 2-3 years ago, which he’s not really been able to make progress towards fulfilling.

Fair opinion mate, but think about it, he's 22, had several seasons and has had several chances in the premier league now, not excelled in either loan really, hss been pretty injury prone, and will cost upwards of 25-30m.

If this was a lad at genk say what would your opinion be?

I see something in him to be honest mate, i think he ha a lot of quality, innate attributes and skills as i say he reminds me of Arnautovic, i see him becoming a very good players and i can see why we might hold an interest. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we got him and kept one of the senior strikers - his development needs would be the bread and butter no 9 things, he has a bit to much X and actually no 9 doesn't fit that naturally on him, if anything id say hes a right sided right forward - again kind of like Arnautoivc.

Feel the bad injury he picked up slowed his momentum and career trajectory hasnt helped - hes been getting bitty mins at Chelsea and Fulham since Southampton - he needs a foundation and a home and someone to trust him.

If i was judging him on what i have seen, i prob would want him at Genk, but then he carries a different risk profile obviously and because of that his price would be lower naturally.

I like him and i can see why we might hold an interest.

Just my take and perhaps going against the grain of the popular opinion on him on here.

See under Frank the signing made a lot of sense as he knew the lad and was obviously very keen. And it’s reasonable we’ve kept track of him since.

But there’s nothing we could’ve seen since that would encourage us, because there’s been nothing to see. He’s barely played and when you can’t play you can’t really develop, and the last two years would’ve been a vital part of his development.

Like you I do believe the interest is serious but for the life of me I can’t see what they’re seeing, other than the potential he had 2-3 years ago, which he’s not really been able to make progress towards fulfilling.

Spot on post mate.

I actually can't remember a player hyped up like this lad has been for so long either zero evidence to support it.

Even his initial loan spell at Saints a few years back was nothing more than ok.

Since then he's been either injured or anonymous when he does play.

Yet he's still being hyped up as this 30m+ player based on being at Chelsea and a lot of experts and journos raving about him as a teenager.

If he was at any club outside the sky 6 with his last four years resume he'd be getting talked about as a flop worth a few million and likely linked to teams in the championship

Signing a player before they break out also brand entails getting a player for a bargain price to what they will be worth. Sorry mate but don't see Broja being anything worth 25m. It's already got the Chelsea tax added to him, if he was at say Brentford with the same numbers he'd be worth 5m

Id disagree again mate, again see my assessment above, the game is as much about signing players for us to contribute now and project to invest in sub 30 mill and turn that into 40-60 mill.

I think Broja would be a decent investment, especially if we flip one of the senior strikers for him through necessity- recognise im going against the grain here - but i see a lot in him we can harness and develop.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back