Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Joey Barton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a drunken moment of madness, yes. but I really think he's cleaned his act up and he's not thick like some may think, speaks with intelligence in alot of interviews i've seen of him and regardless of past actions, i'd like to see his ability added to our squad......I hope the lads alright,mind.
Anyone close to normal does not try to stub out a cigar in someone's eye, regardless of age. Also the so called brother, half brother connection wouldn't do the club's reputation any favours. A big no from me.

Very harsh. Coleman was beating people and getting his head up and picking players out when he first burst into the team. I think he's lost a bit of form going forward toward the end of the season, but this may be down to the manager's instructions - not allowing him to get so far forward that Neville is exposed.

I dont think it's his position RM though, I would concede that. I just dont agree with you that he cant do a job at RB though...because he's already doing that part time at the moment covering Captain Point Finger's arse.

This post is so full of agenda driven drivel, I don't know where to start with it.

So many do gooders putting him down because of his past. What about the people who constantly abuse him through life because of his past he doesn't get a chance to change because do gooders don't let him recover from his behaviour. It's a huge oppression against him and alike from so called do gooders. No excuse for stumping a cigar in someones face but apparently the lad abused him verbally. Again no excuse but people play on his short temper. He will always be aggressive by nature but for me he's calmed down. End of the day he will be out of newcastle this summer or January because Ashley will want a fee and bartons wages off the books. He's exactly the player on the field everton want he wants to win

Last edited:
So many do holders putting him down because of his past. What about the people who constantly abuse him through life because of his past he doesn't get a chance to change because do gooders don't let him recover from his behaviour. It's a huge oppression against him and alike from so called do gooders. No excuse for stumping a cigar in someones face but apparently the lad abused him verbally. Again no excuse but people play on his short temper. He will always be aggressive by nature but for me he's calmed down. End of the day he will be out of newcastle this summer or January because Ashley will want a fee and bartons wages off the books. He's exactly the player on the field everton want he wants to win

This.

So many do holders putting him down because of his past. What about the people who constantly abuse him through life because of his past he doesn't get a chance to change because do gooders don't let him recover from his behaviour. It's a huge oppression against him and alike from so called do gooders. No excuse for stumping a cigar in someones face but apparently the lad abused him verbally. Again no excuse but people play on his short temper. He will always be aggressive by nature but for me he's calmed down. End of the day he will be out of newcastle this summer or January because Ashley will want a fee and bartons wages off the books. He's exactly the player on the field everton want he wants to win

Do gooders get a bad name, they only want to do good.

I really dont get the high moral ground stuff when it comes to Barton, we want him to play football - which hes very good at, not run a creche.

Yeah he will always be a ted, some players need to play close to the line to realise their talent, Barton is one, Cantona another, Keane was one as well - sometimes they cross it, thats part of package - you take it bcause the good far out weighs the bad.

The media drives all this bad boy stuff, Lee Bowyer career never really recovered from that trial for assault, strangley Jonathon Woodgate was actually found guilty of that offence were Bowyer wasnt - but for some reason Woodgate is always vaulted as the model pro and Bowyer the bad boy.

Its all media drival.

I really dont get the high moral ground stuff when it comes to Barton, we want him to play football - which hes very good at, not run a creche.

Yeah he will always be a ted, some players need to play close to the line to realise their talent, Barton is one, Cantona another, Keane was one as well - sometimes they cross it, thats part of package - you take it bcause the good far out weighs the bad.

The media drives all this bad boy stuff, Lee Bowyer career never really recovered from that trial for assault, strangley Jonathon Woodgate was actually found guilty of that offence were Bowyer wasnt - but for some reason Woodgate is always vaulted as the model pro and Bowyer the bad boy.

Its all media drival.

At times when we are lacking quality our team spirit gets us through to grind out results and put on a performance. A trouble maker can cause all sorts of problems (Bellamy at Newcastle)

I think Barton is a good player but personally think there are a few too many demons in his locker to fit in at Everton.

BEFORE He stuck a Cigar in an Evertonians - 14 / 15 Year old as I recall ....; Eye ....

Were'nt they 2 seperate incidents mate? The cigar in the eye was with a city player and the young Evertonian got a slap off barton i think while we were on tour in thailand?
I might be wrong though mate. Still no excuse for either incident!
I would still take a chance on him with clauses in his contract if he refuses to have the clauses then we dont sign him simples!

Its all media drival.

Sorry, but i don't want Everton to just be a successful club, i want it to be a club made up of players who can be role models to local kids and supporters. Barton doesn't fit that mold.

I want success and if Barton brings success to us then whatever way we get it i will be a happy blue, for example he scores the winner in the fa cup final against the R/S im sure every blue would be overjoyed i kid you not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back