Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Joey Barton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but i don't want Everton to just be a successful club, i want it to be a club made up of players who can be role models to local kids and supporters. Barton doesn't fit that mold.

Heres the thing though for the vast majority if us on here growing up our idol was Big Dunc, he liked a Bevy, he crossed the line on the pitch, spent time in Prison, repeated red cards, assualted burgalers, and apparently had a dust up with Moyesy.

Still a hero for a lot of us growing up - hasnt effected a gereration in the least - like i say this high moral ground stuff - is media fuelled drival = society and people arent perfect.

Who has never had a dust up down the pub on here - very few i imgaine.

Barton for in the region of 4m is. Great deal. The use of his past Badboy image is a joke especially from those who big up the big fella who not only is an everton legend but was also one of the biggest thugs to grace world football. Aka big dunc Barton is much more placid

Heres the thing though for the vast majority if us on here growing up our idol was Big Dunc, he liked a Bevy, he crossed the line on the pitch, spent time in Prison, repeated red cards, assualted burgalers, and apparently had a dust up with Moyesy.

Still a hero for a lot of us growing up - hasnt effected a gereration in the least - like i say this high moral ground stuff - is media fuelled drival = society and people arent perfect.

When was the last time Ferguson put out a cigar in someones eye ?

When was the last time Ferguson beat up a 16 year old ?

Barton for in the region of 4m is. Great deal. The use of his past Badboy image is a joke especially from those who big up the big fella who not only is an everton legend but was also one of the biggest thugs to grace world football. Aka big dunc Barton is much more placid

This is the thing, its not like we dont have Bartonesque players in the team anyway, Fellaini would take your head of if you jump within a half meature radius of him, while Cahill and Hetinga - can be dirt brids when they want to be, Phil Neville as well is able to dish it out.

So many do gooders putting him down because of his past. What about the people who constantly abuse him through life because of his past he doesn't get a chance to change because do gooders don't let him recover from his behaviour. It's a huge oppression against him and alike from so called do gooders. No excuse for stumping a cigar in someones face but apparently the lad abused him verbally. Again no excuse but people play on his short temper. He will always be aggressive by nature but for me he's calmed down. End of the day he will be out of newcastle this summer or January because Ashley will want a fee and bartons wages off the books. He's exactly the player on the field everton want he wants to win

His past? You're talking this season when he punched a player, bad mouthed England players, and called a player he assaulted previously a [Poor language removed].

The only season he's been quiet was last season when he was in the champo where no one gave him the time of day

Barton has qualties...but I'm sure there are other players out there that are similar that wouldnt chin timmy cahill in training over a strong challenged.

He's still gonna cosy a few million, and to be honest a player like him is probably the furthest down the list on what this team needs

I'm with you all the way where Barton is concerned, but pretending like assaulting burglars and putting a cigar in a kid's eye are two morally-equal actions is a bit silly.

Dunc had a temper, but he's the biggest gentleman you could ever wish to meet.

When was the last time Ferguson put out a cigar in someones eye ?

When was the last time Ferguson beat up a 16 year old ?

When was the last time anyone ever made mistake when they had a few pints, im not condoneing it but we dont know the context.

There is also a big difference in giving a kid a clip around the ear for a bit of lip and beating them, who knows the kid could have been taller for Barton and all that. Im not condoneing it but its taken out of context and a judgement made and a label given.

When was the last time anyone ever made mistake when they had a few pints, im not condoneing it but we dont know the context.

There is also a big difference in giving a kid a clip around the ear for a bit of lip and beating them, who knows the kid could have been taller for Barton and all that. Im not condoneing it but its taken out of context and a judgement made and a label given.

To be fair that's another good point. It's impossible to judge how much of this is fact and how much is media sensationalism.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ing-up-teenager-in-Liverpool-city-centre.html

The video shows it black and white, the other lad wanted nothing to do with it, and Barton went after him on two occasions. He's scum.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ing-up-teenager-in-Liverpool-city-centre.html

The video shows it black and white, the other lad wanted nothing to do with it, and Barton went after him on two occasions. He's scum.

If he just assaulted the kid for no reason than he is Scum.. However, did the kid say something stupid or what? No one knows except the people who were there..

For instance, I'm 27 and a father/ husband with sound morals; however, when I was 18 I beat a kid very badly because of minor differences..

Am I scum because I made a poor decision while drunk? I don't think so and neither do my friends and family..

This is spot on by the way!

the player attacked 16-year-old Jordan Spencer, punching him in the mistaken belief that the youth had assaulted his cousin.

So it was less of an unwarranted act of evil, and more a stupid mistake in a drunken state.

He's still a tit, and he did a tittish thing there, but perspective people. Please.

You see heres the thing, its a dust up, who hasnt been in them, a few slaps get thrown it happens everywhere every night of the weekend only difference is this lad plays football. The fact that Paper (which will remain nameless) have a video of it tells you all you need to know about whats driving the agenda here.

Im not shocked or offended by that one little bit. I wonder would it have even gone to court etc if not for the paper, or the fact he is a PL footballer etc.

Like i say its all media labeling. Didnt Gerrard do something similar - but yet most clubs out there would want him and they didnt attach the same badboy profile to him. What about Rooney - every club out there would take him - and he goes of with brassers while his wife is pregnant at home, challenges fans to fights at Carrington online and shouts swear worlds down cameras, Tony Adams as well spent time in prison before becoming England captain.

Im not condoneing any of that or what Barton has done in the past but what i am saying is that peoples view of players are determined by the labels attached to them by the red tops and that maybe these identities arent an accurate holistic picture of who someone is. Personaly i dont care once hes ace at football.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back