Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we couldn't. Think about it.

Which playmaker would we realistically be able to get, even if we had say £20mil to spend on one. The ones who are worth that money are at CL clubs , on hefty wages, and wouldn't join us in our current position, with no European footy to offer, and just a very slim chance of getting into the top four.

Then, we'd have to get two CBs in and again, who, who is already as good/better than Stones, would then join us. And again, what £10mil striker is going to come in and be back up striker for Everton. I can understand Chelsea, or City, Arsenal etc. who have European football and need the big squad. But we don't. So why sell our best player in the hope of doing an FM like Rogers keeps trying at the RS, or Spurs tried when losing Bale.

If Stoke were heavily connected to Shaqiri and are currently with Yarmolenko, I can't see one single reason why we should not be. They both are good enough for that position.

You are right about Stones replacement part, but we'd have to risk getting someone worse than him in order to get more squad depth. I am pretty sure we could get someone that would do a really solid job for 10 mil. Same story for a backup striker.

At the end, why not just buy smart instead of buying everyone first day after we get Stones' money? Pretty sure we'd be able to avoid "Liverpool when losing Suarez or Spurs when losing Bale" that way. It's same like buying any other player, not black magic that gets over your football club once you sell a good player and you simply can't get good replacements for that money.

We are a selling club remember BK Rooney will not be sold for less than 50 million went for 27 million in part payments!
Also a load of UNT rejects!

This is not 2004.

Everton thanks to tv money have increased revenue by 60% in two years.

Dont know why everyones worrying.

Its our stadium lack of progress thats the real worry

This is not 2004.

And a squad half full of average footballers for me...

This is not 2004.

Hope your right! If that's the case where's the big signings we need now then if Stones is sold it will open the floodgates to our better players, that's why we will keep him for now!

And a squad half full of average footballers for me...

ONE A lack of progress to the stadium! TWO! A squad of Half average Footballers and THREE! A fanatical Devotion to the Pope!

THREE THINGS

22e5b46d-6b49-42f4-8d76-1cba7e9cf46d.jpg

I recall Darren Griffiths on EvertonTV asking Stones, after giving him a Man Of The Match Award against Tottenham on the last day of the season, whether he'll still be at Everton in the new season and Stonesy declined to answer. I thought it a strange question to ask at the time but obviously it all makes sense now!

This is not 2004.

Its for the sake of it, were not a selling club at all, we use to be but those days are gone. Like you say, some people havent moved on since 2004.
Liverpool are a selling club but that is more to do with having a shocking manager you wouldnt want to play for, no reason for any Everton fan to worry about the club shifting players, players wanting to go is another story (Felliani), but it sounds like with Stones we dont have to worry.

None story.

Pleasing statement from Martinez even though it reminded me of Moyes having a pop at City in their pursuit of Lescott. And we know how that ended.

But wait.....now Jose 3 balls Mourinho has upped the ante and is making statements to media trying to deliberately unsettle the player. Feck right off with that you loathsome arrogant tit.

Hope we can hang on to him if only to spite Chelsea but realistically it is a battle we will lose.

Having said that, the asking price has just doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back