Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is if Sterling is worth £49m we should come out of this alright. I know defenders don't command the same fees as attackers but no player is bigger than the club, if his head gets turned (and why wouldn't it) then just get the best price and move on.

No club is immune from it. Suarez, Ronaldo, Fabregas, it happens as the highest levels.

The lad's top class and I'd love to keep him, but only if his hearts here.

He's not, City paid over double his worth. But you can't benchmark other transfers around that deal. Chelsea aren't quite as stupid as them when it comes to throwing money around.

Lukaku didn't a year ago and for much the same reasons as I can see John not pushing for the move - at that age regular playing time in a team he is happy in can be more valuable to an ambitious player than cash is.

He may not push for the move as Mourinho now publicly wants him too. Good. That means that they will have to pay over the odds if they really want him.

morning toffees Chelsea fan here. Listen I don't get it, when we bid for a player from another club the manager gets the hump and slates us. Why ? Peter cech goes with our best wishes, juan mata goes to one of our closest rivals with no problem. What's the deal here why when we bid for a player it's a Liberty, thought please ladies and gents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jose is the greatest manager of our generation, who can blame him for wanting John Stones.

He is not daft,Stones is by far the best player at our club.

I love his snide media games but when he plays with us, it is kind of upsetting.

However I don't expect Martinez to participate in Jose's antics.

We have the benefit of the likes of Deulofeu and Lukaku on our books, two widely tipped world beaters who having had a slight wobble in consistency, get pushed well down the pecking order at money bags clubs. Chelsea have payed good sums for talented kids, promising them development time, and then binned them off for a profit, destroying a few careers in the process.
Stones should not be moving to become 'the next John Terry', or whatever other patronising moniker the media wants to anoint him with,
he should go, if we cannot match his ambitions further down the line, as John Stones, England Captain.

We have the benefit of the likes of Deulofeu and Lukaku on our books, two widely tipped world beaters who having had a slight wobble in consistency, get pushed well down the pecking order at money bags clubs. Chelsea have payed good sums for talented kids, promising them development time, and then binned them off for a profit, destroying a few careers in the process.
Stones should not be moving to become 'the next John Terry', or whatever other patronising moniker the media wants to anoint him with,
he should go, if we cannot match his ambitions further down the line, as John Stones, England Captain.
Agree, Stones is the type of lad who will consider their experiences rather than just assuming it couldn't happen to him. Guess he'll also have looked at Zouma's game time last season (650 mins in PL, some of it out of position as DM), Ake's 18 minutes and Kalas's one superb game vs Liverpool before being shipped off abroad.

Hopefully Loftus Cheek had a few moans about Mourinho disparaging him in public whilst they were together for the Euros along with the other Chelsea lads who barely get game time;)

I love his snide media games but when he plays with us, it is kind of upsetting.

However I don't expect Martinez to participate in Jose's antics.

Easy to play these games when you have a billionaire chairman...We don't so Bobby should just ignore him completely, don't respond to the smug tosser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back