Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop that nonsense.
Poisonous tongues trying to turn Stones into a judas. Shame on thee.

99% of players will leave their club for the champions in modern football. It's all
Stones would have known of Chelsea's interest a while ago, certainly before his comments last week about staying. Chelsea are trying to get him on the cheap as we all know when he goes to Euro 2016 his value will rocket further

Good point, let's hope we can keep him

Duncan castle the times journo has just DM'd me on Twitter to say Stones preferred destination is Chelsea an they have been working on this deal for a while, and Chelsea will get him if they bid £30 million (unless Everton can spark an auction) he says he has highly placed sources at Everton an Chelsea.

I'm calling BS. But we shall see.

Journalists have admitted making up stuff before when called out on twitter.

No different here

What's the "problem"he is concocting in that statement between stones and efc?also they're looking for a replacement for good old "JT" and come in with a bid at that level?!!!

Duncan castle the times journo has just DM'd me on Twitter to say Stones preferred destination is Chelsea an they have been working on this deal for a while, and Chelsea will get him if they bid £30 million (unless Everton can spark an auction) he says he has highly placed sources at Everton an Chelsea.

I'm calling BS. But we shall see.

"an they have been working on this deal for a while"

Duncan Castle reads like a Chelsea mouthpiece there.

If Everton sold (and they won't) john stones for 30 million there would be riots on the streets

It is bs. Since he's claiming he has a source at Everton but won't say who

Stones would have known of Chelsea's interest a while ago, certainly before his comments last week about staying. Chelsea are trying to get him on the cheap as we all know when he goes to Euro 2016 his value will rocket further
Does seem strange. What worries me in all this is that Chelsea are the club that are in for him. We know how young English talent has been destroyed going to city. But the opportunity to work under mourinho playing for the champions might be too much for stones to resist. What worries me even more is who would replace him. Martinez isn't exactly famous for building teams with a solid defence and losing our best defender, would be virtually irreplaceable in my eyes.

morning toffees Chelsea fan here. Listen I don't get it, when we bid for a player from another club the manager gets the hump and slates us. Why ? Peter cech goes with our best wishes, juan mata goes to one of our closest rivals with no problem. What's the deal here why when we bid for a player it's a Liberty, thought please ladies and gents.

I am entirely sure you would be saying the same thing if Madrid started leaking stories about hazard to the press to unsettle him....

Journalists have admitted making up stuff before when called out on twitter.

No different here
I agree, I called him a liar so he went private to justify his story. Sticking with it being BS. Strange thing about Chelsea's bid is the timing is all off, if we were gonna sell it would be more likely we'd do so if it wasn't gonna leave us with 1 established CB.

We sold Rooney for 27 million 10 years ago, lescott went for 27 million, Shaw went for 27 million, sterling went for 49 million.

And Chelsea bid 20 million for the next English captain

Does seem strange. What worries me in all this is that Chelsea are the club that are in for him. We know how young English talent has been destroyed going to city. But the opportunity to work under mourinho playing for the champions might be too much for stones to resist. What worries me even more is who would replace him. Martinez isn't exactly famous for building teams with a solid defence and losing our best defender, would be virtually irreplaceable in my eyes.
That will be the problem hand on the whole until we biff off Martinez. His dealings all over the pitch have been way off with the exception of macarthy and potentially deulofeu

I agree, I called him a liar so he went private to justify his story. Sticking with it being BS. Strange thing about Chelsea's bid is the timing is all off, if we were gonna sell it would be more likely we'd do so if it wasn't gonna leave us with 1 established CB.

No journalist who actually knows anything is so insecure he has to try to prove himself to random punters on the internet.

The lad will have a lot of options of the table and offers from teams far more expansive than Chelsea. He's good enough to go and play for the best ball playing sides in Europe and I hope he does. I predict we'll get two more years maybe with one as a loan back.

As for replacing him this is Martinez biggest challenge for me and one he's right in the middle of proving/disproving. Moyes recruitment was good for our budget, let's hope we can continue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back