Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I called him a liar so he went private to justify his story. Sticking with it being BS. Strange thing about Chelsea's bid is the timing is all off, if we were gonna sell it would be more likely we'd do so if it wasn't gonna leave us with 1 established CB.

IF. Everton were selling. With Stones having 4 years on his contract they will have to pay TOP TOP Dollar.

I'm talking higher than was paid for Stirling.

£50m +

So it won't happen. Who would we get in anyway?

Joke these journalists.

The lad will have a lot of options of the table and offers from teams far more expansive than Chelsea. He's good enough to go and play for the best ball playing sides in Europe and I hope he does. I predict we'll get two more years maybe with one as a loan back.

As for replacing him this is Martinez biggest challenge for me and one he's right in the middle of proving/disproving. Moyes recruitment was good for our budget, let's hope we can continue with that.
I find it hilarious that people think Stones won't want to leave!!

It's the current champions were talking about! Title challengers next year and champions league contenders.

Face it, he's half way there already..

People offended by the £20m offer suggest he is worth more - which of course he is, but strikes me as odd as people are entertaining his sale then?

£45m for England's next captain is not unreasonable. We are dealing with one of the richest clubs in the world here and need to show some balls.

IF. Everton were selling. With Stones having 4 years on his contract they will have to pay TOP TOP Dollar.

I'm talking higher than was paid for Stirling.

£50m +

So it won't happen. Who would we get in anyway?

Joke these journalists.
It's happening Bizzy, lad. It's happening.

Exactly Bud. Every player has a price. If we got an offer for £60m of course I'd recommend we accept it (if I was a member of the board!). Realisically, if it gets up to £30m a decision will have to be made in my view. Of course, as a fan I want us to say he's not for sale at any price, but this scenario very rarely end s that way (Baines saga). Hopefully this one does too.

In that case we should tell Chelsea(not via the media) how much we'd accept, no discussion, take it or leave it. Then if they don't accept...tell them not to contact us again about the player(in the media)

We all know what our board's game is: take it down to the wire and not give the manager the time to spend the cash.

The Everton Way...fabric...DNA...born etc etc
If we sell Stones 1-2 days before deadline day then it shows our board again are useless. If we intend on selling, do it know and give Martinez time to fix the squad..

Duncan castle the times journo has just DM'd me on Twitter to say Stones preferred destination is Chelsea an they have been working on this deal for a while, and Chelsea will get him if they bid £30 million (unless Everton can spark an auction) he says he has highly placed sources at Everton an Chelsea.

I'm calling BS. But we shall see.

If they've been working on this deal for a while why would we give him the number 5 shirt? Seems a bit of a stupid thing to do if he's half way out the door.

It's happening Bizzy, lad. It's happening.

@davek

Its not. Not even Kenwright has the balls to sell for less than £50m this time.

If he does he deserves to be taken out in front of a wall. A select Everton XI should be armed with rifles and promptly execute our 'traitorous' chairman.

I'd volunteer too in such a circumstance.

Martienz has got the hump as José is trying to tap a player up via the media. The deal got leaked by Everton saying no and presumably someone ar Chelsea leaking it to Sky. Even this year when Terry went on to Talksport to say he saw Stones as his successor, that's a move designed to unsettle a player.

So the issue is, your club have decided Stones will be a Chelsea player against the apparent wishes of our board. Not a problem, but they're doing everything in their power to make it happen and using the media as a big club to bully another club into selling and that's where the issue lies for me. Not the bid, the manner your club has gone about tapping him up.

To be fair though, why would we expect any different behaviour from a club with no soul, class or history?

The lads value will rocket after the euros next year. Not exactly a difficult decision for the board is it. Accept 30m this summer. Or sell him next summer after the euros. Remember Real Madrid (Ramos) city (de michels) and united (they haven't got a decent centre half in the squad ) as well as Chelsea (terry) will all be in the market for the centre halves. This could potentially push his price up wards of 40m. Then again when did this board ever show any foresight?

I find it hilarious that people think Stones won't want to leave!!

It's the current champions were talking about! Title challengers next year and champions league contenders.

Face it, he's half way there already..

Yeah. To be honest this doesn't annoy me quite so much. Check the thread about players being world class while at EFC and there's really not a long list. Regardless of how well we're doing the likes of Rooney, Lineker, Stones were always gonna move just in the past maybe not to a PL financial machine.

I just hope we get another couple of years.

If we sell Stones 1-2 days before deadline day then it shows our board again are useless. If we intend on selling, do it know and give Martinez time to fix the squad..
With the tv cash there's no need whatsoever for this to happen again. But it probably will.

I have a feeling that come September we'll all be doing the maths and struggling to understand where the £35M tv money plus cash for players sold has gone to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back