Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute lack of class from Chelski and Mourinho, a deliberate act to try unsettle a player and turn his head.

Shows they are desperate, if I was Bill the next time they ring I'd tell them sorry we are doing a deal with Man City after your managers antics in the press, please don't ask again, bye!

To be honest, we aint strap for cash, and his value is most likely going to increase over the season (certainly not decrease) so there is literally no point in selling....

Would Abramovic pay facilitating sweeteners to the selling Board ?

We should prepare for a sale at a value the media congratulates EFC on, but which is probably 5-10M light on actual value.

Duncan castle the times journo has just DM'd me on Twitter to say Stones preferred destination is Chelsea an they have been working on this deal for a while, and Chelsea will get him if they bid £30 million (unless Everton can spark an auction) he says he has highly placed sources at Everton an Chelsea.

I'm calling BS. But we shall see.

Back in March on the original John Stones thread, I said these quotes. The lad who told me is on the ball, his brother is a journalist on fleet street.

Jose wants Stones to play next to Terry next season. His vision is Zouma and Stones long term.

Long term replacements for John Terry is what some Chelsea fans have said to me. Him Zouma would be a good pairing.

The highest they will go in this window is £30m I'd say, and they won't get him for that, so no chance he's off. Here for one more season at least.
Hopefully your right mate. Bidding will start at 50 million then. We have to be strong and hold them off as its to early to sell him and we might do much better this season as well.

I think Stones could be a genuine world class talent, we haven't seen many of them play for us in recent times. It almost doesn't matter what the amount is as it will be broken up and spent across 4-5 mid-range players, which as an Evertonian excites me less than watching Stones for the coming seasons. He will go eventually, but now is not the time.

Absolute lack of class from Chelski and Mourinho, a deliberate act to try unsettle a player and turn his head.

Shows they are desperate, if I was Bill the next time they ring I'd tell them sorry we are doing a deal with Man City after your managers antics in the press, please don't ask again, bye!

Completely agree. You can tell just how badly they want him by how they've gone about it, he's their #1 target and no mistake. They won't let up either so it's actually in our best interests if city do wade in and start a bidding war. Will happen next year though.

People offended by the £20m offer suggest he is worth more - which of course he is, but strikes me as odd as people are entertaining his sale then?

£45m for England's next captain is not unreasonable. We are dealing with one of the richest clubs in the world here and need to show some balls.

My opinion is mate, not to advocate no matter what the sale of any key player for the future, not so long as this board doesnt invest the moneyalready coming in, else all were doing id boosting their investment in the club for putting absolutely nothing into it

It seems on the majority of Chelsea forums that they seem to feel 28M is the max they should pay and not a penny more. More of them would prefer Varane but he would be harder to procure than Stones. It seems that a lot on there feel that it is maybe a year too early for him to come in and the Zouma/Terry partnership is the best one for this season.
I also don't see the issue with Martinez now. Martinez in that interview has said 'John Stones is an Everton player..full stop'. He had answered JM without getting drawn into a slanging match.
The only problem is that JM is like a little stroppy child when he doesn't get what he wants so expect more derisory comments and bids

Completely agree. You can tell just how badly they want him by how they've gone about it, he's their #1 target and no mistake. They won't let up either so it's actually in our best interests if city do wade in and start a bidding war.

Chelsea have lost nearly completely their englush core of world class players, cole gone, lampard gone and terry in maybe his last season, its why their gonna target stones and next would be barkley if he kicks on this season mate

I agree, I called him a liar so he went private to justify his story. Sticking with it being BS. Strange thing about Chelsea's bid is the timing is all off, if we were gonna sell it would be more likely we'd do so if it wasn't gonna leave us with 1 established CB.
If it was true what that Rat said, then Stones would not have come out and said what he's said, he's not the type of lad to do that, if he was secretly engineering a move to Chelski he'd have said nothing when asked.

Stones went into distinct detail as to what he had in his mind for the future, he's very happy here, knows he has a lot to learn and feels playing week in week out next to Jags is the perfect place to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back