Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps not, but that's not really the point, is it?

Why should we sell a good player?

We shouldn't, we should keep our best players and aspire to do better. We're not a holding pen for other clubs talent.

Because with wise managment we could get 2 or 3 very good players if we get big money for stones.

My point however is that selling a player (i have big doubt if he's our best/key player yet) is not the end of the world and we could actually benefit from it

The only way we will sell is if he hands in a transfer request on deadline day.

He won't ask before hand as he wants his loyalty bonus, we won't want to pay that on top of the fee Barnsley (can't think now) will be getting...

Mourinho is just wasting energy imho. Stones has 4 yrs left so I'm not even worried.

I honestly think he might be getting anxious about not having landed a big signing as of yet this window.

And as we all know (this forum for example) fans go a little bit crazy if nothing is happening.

Especially when all the other top teams have made at least one big money/high profile move.

Bidding for any of their players will just make us look small time. Do we really want Fabrigas or somebody coming out and publicly saying "As if I'd move to Everton". Plus then what happens when they retaliate and start unsettling our other player's to spite us. Just tell them, not this summer. Try again in a year or two and every time you make a bid we deem derisory it's another 10/15 million to the price tag. They know we would never accept a bid of £20 million. It was more a bid to see how Stones would react. They hoped he'd ask for a transfer once he knew they were in for him. So now you know it won't work, jog on

Lads, I have the ability to punch Carl Froch in the face but it's a fight I can't win. Rather like what you are saying.

It's more just about giving him a proverbial slap to be honest.

The Laws of Power - Law 44: "The Mirror Effect mocks and humiliates them"

Last edited:

The only saving grace about this, is that it's Stones and not somebody like Kevin or Romelu - who would force a move. I don't believe John is going to push for a move, unless we sell a few of our other best players.

So our hands won't be forced, if we sell, Everton will sell Stones on our terms and not on Chelsea's.

Thought Jose's comments where uncalled for, but at the same time he's 100% right in what he's saying. The club needs to release an official statement saying he's not for sale. But unfortunately I think the board would be happy to sell. Hopefully I'm wrong and they take the same stance as they did with utd, when they wanted baines. It's so disheartening losing your best players, but nature of the beast I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back