Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the catch atm mate, to keep hold of the really talented players we have we can effectively be forced into renegotiating with them every year to give them higher wages, eventually we will screw our wage structure up massively doing so...
Bit of reward to the player now, because if he continues improving he will be sold in one/two years time at a vastly increased amount.

If we are serious about keeping him we need to give him a new contract with improved wages.

Agree and I'm sure this has probably been mentioned to him already. To be honest, we can't match Chelsea for wages etc so that is not going to be the main reason he stays if he does. The main reason will probably be guaranteed game time and improvement

That's fine if you can guarantee the manager will find said quality youngsters...but if they don't come good it all falls down and you're left with a poor team and no cash...bit too risky for me with our current manager...Moyes maybe

Agreed, you're relying massively on manager and scouts finding players like Stones at Barnsley or Sterling at QPR. But it would give you the money to get them in. Currently there's no chance we'd have spent what Liverpool did on Sterling when he was 16.

That's the catch atm mate, to keep hold of the really talented players we have we can effectively be forced into renegotiating with them every year to give them higher wages, eventually we will screw our wage structure up massively doing so...

And that's were the TV deal money is going to end up, not a new stadium as some people think.

This week has made me despise Twitter even more. The amount of people saying things like "Everton are stupid rejecting £20m", "John Stones is only worth £20m because he's English", "Who even is John Stones anyway?".

These people should be banned from watching or talking about football ever again.

Bit of reward to the player now, because if he continues improving he will be sold in one/two years time at a vastly increased amount.

Aye mate, but
And that's were the TV deal money is going to end up, not a new stadium as some people think.

Aye spot on mate, can see the trend happening with us already, footy the only job where if you do your job well you basically can get a 200% raise every couple of years, mad like

If we are serious about keeping him we need to give him a new contract with improved wages.
I know he is only 20 but if he is rumoured to be on 30k a week, then double it and put him on par with our top earners. He is the best player at the club and his contract should reflect that. Saying that stones doesn't strike me as someone who is motivated by money. But an increased contract offer would show how much we value him and want him to stay.

Under our current regime, we'd be naive to expect Stones to be with us in the long run.

I'd hope our board would recognise that it would be foolish to sell him anytime soon. If Stones asks to leave, tell him no. Not yet.

As I've said previously, he's 21. His value is only going to go one way, and with that resale value and potential, we really need to be commanding a massive fee - smashing any record breaking fee.

Under our current regime, we'd be naive to expect Stones to be with us in the long run.

I'd hope our board would recognise that it would be foolish to sell him anytime soon. If Stones asks to leave, tell him no. Not yet.

As I've said previously, he's 21. His value is only going to go one way, and with that resale value and potential, we really need to be commanding a massive fee - smashing any record breaking fee.

If Stirrling went for 49 with 2 years on his contract. Stones is worth north of that.

If Stirrling went for 49 with 2 years on his contract. Stones is worth north of that.

We have to remember sterling was in the England first team, he an attacker. The fair value would be around 36 million. But its still makes no sense to us as we will have to buy 2 cb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back