Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Stirrling went for 49 with 2 years on his contract. Stones is worth north of that.

We could do this all day.

Sterling, Shaun Wright Phillips 2, only marketed well while at the cult, isn't half the prospect nor the professional.

Luke Shaw £30m+
David Luiz £50m+
Rio Ferdinand £30m+
Mangala £30M+

He might not have the pedigree of some, but he will do in time.

This time next year, every top Club will want Stones. Sadly, with Elstone and Kenwright here, we'll engineer his move. Now isn't the time for them to do that, hopefully they'll recognise that and hopefully, we're not needing to sell.

Under our current regime, we'd be naive to expect Stones to be with us in the long run.

I'd hope our board would recognise that it would be foolish to sell him anytime soon. If Stones asks to leave, tell him no. Not yet.

As I've said previously, he's 21. His value is only going to go one way, and with that resale value and potential, we really need to be commanding a massive fee - smashing any record breaking fee.
Like Barkley was 50 mil, now he's half that if not lower...

Could of fooled me mate.

Was it the 'FULL STOP' that had you confused?

If you could be a little more condescending, that'd be great.

I've said before in this thread that Stones clearly loves it here, they won't currently meet our valuation of him, and so I can't see any chance he's leaving in this window. But if you think he categorically ruled out the sale there then you're naive.

No, if Mangala is worth £32m then Stones is worth more. Add in the fact he is English and whoever buys him needs him for their quotas and you can add on some more. Will our board see it that way? Who knows.

But what has mangala got to do with stones?? It's a completely different situation basicly beacause we are dealing with chelsea not manchester city. City got endless money constantly overpaying players. Chelsea however act very smart in the market

It's like we want van diijk and celtic say - fack off, give us 30m beacause mangala got signed for that. Nonsense

if we want to push for top 4 I'd take the 40 mill now. Stones isn't at his best yet where as we could sign a defender in his prime and maybe a striker and playmaker. Stones gets caught out sometimes and Leaves jags by himself but in all honesty I think jags may need replaced this season.

If you could be a little more condescending, that'd be great.

I've said before in this thread that Stones clearly loves it here, they won't currently meet our valuation of him, and so I can't see any chance he's leaving in this window. But if you think he categorically ruled out the sale there then you're naive.

Games the game.

Hopefully our clueless gormless Chairman has that figured.

IMO its too late to sell no matter the price, would of been better to bed new players in with more time, and maybe some of his top targets have already moved clubs.

Any clubs selling to us will whack a great big premium on there players knowing we have the money too

Let's not forget jags is 33 next month. Martinez has neglected this area and needs a new cb this season and next season.
And strikers and goalkeepers and creativity. He is a real problem this manager 20 days until the start of the season, a season which we have a shocking opening 10 an we have added 2 an spent £4million absolute joke our club from the manager upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back