Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the transfer market with money to spend, on those rare occasions, I was a fan in the main the odd mess up like Bilyaletdinov and Koldrup but in the main good. I think it's almost a pointless question to be honest mate, even the most adamant and abrasive Martinez fan surely doesn't think Martinez is better than Moyes in the market. I also think Mark Hughes has been proven to be very good in the market when working at clubs with finances similar to are own, Blackburn and stone and Fulham. He would be the one I wanted to replace Martinez in October when we are on 9 points.

Oh Ian

What's the risk, what happens if you do do ?
Resign - RM should make BK aware that if Stones goes he goes as it will open the floodgates of the few better players we have RM needs to grow in stature, we do not want a sulk situation like DM when Lescott went to City, this is a future England centre Half as the chosen one has stated all EFC have to do is not for sale at any price are you listening BK , and the board???????
We do not want a situation were Stones the player gets blamed for moving when our club has been weak!
If Sterling is 49,000 million then BK needs to be spouting no sale like he came out two seasons ago and left it to RM over Baines , and Felli!
Are we really going to have six weeks of this speculation as Chelski are smelling weakness!
Either a blatent NO or a stupid high million price tag to send them away!

Can't we just bid £10 for Hazard, then come out publicly and say we have bid for Hazard but it has been rejected.

Then when Mourinho come's out and talks about a silly offer for Hazard and that he's not for sale, then Martinez comes out and says that he is not going to stop bidding for him.

Play the bad gimp at his own games. First game after the transfer window is closed is against Chelsea. I would windmill to London and back if this happened against that shower ...

JS62165083.webp

In the transfer market with money to spend, on those rare occasions, I was a fan in the main the odd mess up like Bilyaletdinov and Koldrup but in the main good. I think it's almost a pointless question to be honest mate, even the most adamant and abrasive Martinez fan surely doesn't think Martinez is better than Moyes in the market. I also think Mark Hughes has been proven to be very good in the market when working at clubs with finances similar to are own, Blackburn and stone and Fulham. He would be the one I wanted to replace Martinez in October when we are on 9 points.

So to sum up. You thought Moyes was good in the market. Where you critical of him for any other things?

Martinez should change tack and call Mourinho's bluff. Challenge HIM to bid again for the player if he likes him so much.

He should say something like, "I've made up my mind that Stones is not for sale, but it's up to Mourinho to change my mind. If he likes the player so much he should bid again. If he's confident that he can change my mind, then bid away and see how it goes. Anything other than bids being put in is hot air. The closer to the window this goes, the less likely it is that my mind will be changed. We don't want to sell Stones, that is our position right now. Mourinho said he doesn't want to sell Fabrecgas - maybe his mind would be changed if Real Madrid placed a gigantic offer on the table."

Can't we just bid £10 for Hazard, then come out publicly and say we have bid for Hazard but it has been rejected.

Then when Mourinho come's out and talks about a silly offer for Hazard and that he's not for sale, then Martinez comes out and says that he is not going to stop bidding for him.

Play the bad gimp at his own games. First game after the transfer window is closed is against Chelsea. I would windmill to London and back if this happened against that shower ...

View attachment 11884

We can't do that as we know hazard won't join and could come out and speak to the media where we don't know where stones stand right now

Why agenda? I don't like the mangers transfer business in the main either here or at Wigan, where he created a relegated defence.

Under instructions from the Wigan chairman, Martinez reduced an already modest wage bill by 22%, while other clubs - Southampton, for example - were increasing theirs substantially. Economically, Wigan were unable to compete in the Premier League.

On top of this, Wigan's small squad was badly depleted by long-term injuries to Al Habsi, Ramis, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa and Beausejour. This left Boyce as the only first-choice defender to appear consistently in Martinez' final year there.

So their progress to the FA Cup Final, and their victory over Manchester City, was something of a miracle.

Because with wise managment we could get 2 or 3 very good players if we get big money for stones.

My point however is that selling a player (i have big doubt if he's our best/key player yet) is not the end of the world and we could actually benefit from it
He's a very good player, I'm not saying he's our best player, but we'd be foolish to sell him on the off chance that the board give the money to the manager to spend on 2-3 players who may be good, but still won't be at his standard.

That's aiming lower than we should, for me, and accepting that we're "in our place". If we want to be at the top again, we need to keep players like him.

Mourinho can spout off all he wants, ignore him and keep knocking them back until an offer comes in that's to good to turn down.

He's trying to bully us and jump the gun on City and Utd, the more we say nothing publically the more interest from the other two grows and he knows that and is worried they'll step in.

We don't want to lose him clearly but if it's going to happen we may as well have all 3 of them bidding against each other to get the maxium return.

Mourinho can spout off all he wants, ignore him and keep knocking them back until an offer comes in that's to good to turn down.

He's trying to bully us and jump the gun on City and Utd, the more we say nothing publically the more interest from the other two grows and he knows that and is worried they'll step in.

We don't want to lose him clearly but if it's going to happen we may as well have all 3 of them bidding against each other to get the maxium return.
Is right Dougie lad

Bellends.

"What Mourinho should be able to stand back and enjoy will involve Stones wearing Chelsea blue in time for the Premier League opener against Swansea on 8 August. Everton face an almighty task to stop the 21-year-old’s head from turning. Speaking to the Portuguese, although predictably keen to keep his counsel for now, makes one believe this deal will happen sooner, rather than never. With the 34-year-old Terry entering the final phase of his career, Stones, with four England caps, has been identified as the heir apparent in the Chelsea manager’s attempt to create a new spine, in which Thibaut Courtois has already replaced Cech.

A fee that would eclipse the £30m, a record for an English defender, Manchester United paid Leeds for Rio Ferdinand in 2002 is not a problem for Mourinho. “We have three [central defenders] plus Ivanovic, so that is four. We have two who are more than 30 years old. We would like to have two less than 25 years old, which would give us the next 10 years. But as you can imagine it’s no something urgent, it is not something we are desperate for it."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/18/chelsea-jose-mourinho-big-spending-manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back