Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's driving up the price every time he mentions Chelsea's interest in Stones publically. Stones isn't a hidden gem, everyone in English football has him down as a top talent and destined to be a great. Everytime he opens his mouth he's making City and Utd aware that they're desperate to get him before they move in and it makes them nervous about missing out.

If he pushes it to hard and they think we'll crack the other two will join in and the price gets driven up, he'll no doubt pipe down now for a bit because he's gone to far. If we started reacting publically it shows we're interested in considering offers and that keeps the price low.

Maybe, but I don't like the fact he thinks he's having the last word and that he's 'got our number'.

Now would be a perfect time for Kenwright to come out of hibernation and publicly state Stones is not for sale at any price.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one though.

i'm confused as to if we've rejected the bid or not. nothing wrong with the majority of mourinho's comments, but the one's about there being problems etc are just wrong. as people have said, his price will only be going up, especially after the euros, other clubs outside england may be made aware as well seeing as the english media loves to elevate hype.

the thing is he's not just super talented, he clearly has the mentality to be a success at a club like barcelona or real madrid. we should not be selling for another couple of years - no way. Our baord are useless, utterly useless though, i have no confidence in them despite their previous good deals. They will see a £30m bid and think wow, loads of cash - we could improve a good few positions with that. when in essence they could get a lot more if they hold out.

by all means so he's not for sale at any price, that's not going to stop chelsea coming back in the future and we'll know deep down it's not the truth anyway - it's just business talk.

I don't think he'll go this summer Joe, unless ofcourse it's for stupid money. But the other players will see the new ones comng in and just except it. It's part of football buying and selling and even tne big clubs like Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal do it.

Also I don't think we need to sell anyine to fund any incoming players at the moment, I just think we've got our targets and need to be patient until the deals done.
I hope your right Doug - RM to me is too passive , and where is Bill in all this? someone stated to me his Brother is very ill, so maybe he is just leaving RM to it - its mind games but it would have to be stupid monies 60 million plus to take a future England centre half away from us - I doubt RM would get all the funds of the sale too!

i'm confused as to if we've rejected the bid or not. nothing wrong with the majority of mourinho's comments, but the one's about there being problems etc are just wrong. as people have said, his price will only be going up, especially after the euros, other clubs outside england may be made aware as well seeing as the english media loves to elevate hype.

the thing is he's not just super talented, he clearly has the mentality to be a success at a club like barcelona or real madrid. we should not be selling for another couple of years - no way. Our baord are useless, utterly useless though, i have no confidence in them despite their previous good deals. They will see a £30m bid and think wow, loads of cash - we could improve a good few positions with that. when in essence they could get a lot more if they hold out.

by all means so he's not for sale at any price, that's not going to stop chelsea coming back in the future and we'll know deep down it's not the truth anyway - it's just business talk.
Yes but remember the Rooney farcical transfer???? 27 million in bits - BK stated only for sale at 50 million , and he went for 27 in part payments!

I hope your right Doug - RM to me is too passive , and where is Bill in all this? someone stated to me his Brother is very ill, so maybe he is just leaving RM to it - its mind games but it would have to be stupid monies 60 million plus to take a future England centre half away from us - I doubt RM would get all the funds of the sale too!

TBF, Chairmen rarely talk about players do they? I struggle to recall one doing it, until someone is actually signed, and even then it is usually the manager who does the chatting.

Happy to be proved wrong mind.

Yes but remember the Rooney farcical transfer???? 27 million in bits - BK stated only for sale ay 50 million , and he went for 27 in part payments!

Worked out ok for us tho. In hindsight asking for more wouldve been preferable. If he flopped there we'd be laughing.

Stones for the cost of Dann, Evans and a playmaker.

The positive is that as long as we hold out, we're in a win-win, whether he stays or goes.

I hope he stays.

Maybe, but I don't like the fact he thinks he's having the last word and that he's 'got our number'.

Now would be a perfect time for Kenwright to come out of hibernation and publicly state Stones is not for sale at any price.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one though.

Look just because Mourinho is mouthing off to the media it doesn't mean we need to react, he's the one looking desperate not us. If we respond to every rumour or bid publically they'd never get time to do anything else.

We know there's a price Everton would accept, Chelsea know and so do Utd and City there's no point pretending he wouldn't go if that gets meet but responding to them with something more than private dignified no only heightens there's and others interest.

We don't want to lose him but of course we would like an extra £50m, but why say that to everyone it only makes us look like we'd accept £35-£40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back