Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek

Its not. Not even Kenwright has the balls to sell for less than £50m this time.

If he does he deserves to be taken out in front of a wall. A select Everton XI should be armed with rifles and promptly execute our 'traitorous' chairman.

I'd volunteer too in such a circumstance.
Let's hope Kone's not in the firing squad, he'd probably miss.

stones isn't going to kick up a fuss, he's not an idiot, i think, like rom, he understands that it's best here for his development and if we want to keep him he'll be alright with it. he knows he'll be at one of the top clubs soon enough anyway.

Rodney Marsh reckone it would be best if Stones went to Chelski, says it would be good for his career, and Barkley also should have gone has staying at Everton hasn't exactly helped him, oh dear sounds like Marsh doesn't like us.

Marsh loves the idea of an England nation side where 80% of the players don't play regularly for their club.

Stones goes to Chelsea, plays half the games he does now. Automatic call up to the senior squad. Fails miserably at the big stage due to not playing games.

There's a queue of those players and why we are an utter shambles internationally.

Chelsea have been balancing their books very well over the last three or four seasons.
For nearly every purchase there has been a large sale.
I think they know that the valuation of John Stones will continue to rise and that the biggest clubs around with pockets every bit as deep as Chelseas will in time come looking for John Stones.
Mourinho realises that this may be his only opportunity to sign the player at a price that Chelsea are prepared to pay.
I think Chelsea are counting on Everton needing money to spend on other targets and accepting the sale of Stones to bring in transfer funds.

From an Everton perspective it would be stupid to sell him now, his value is going to rise and if he does leave sometime we want every last penny for him. I think he would be a big success in Spain and I could see a club like Barca looking at him or even Bayern.

I'd be saying 45m, cash, in one payment, or no deal and don't bother getting back in touch. Deadline of Tuesday evening and threaten to report them to the FA if they go public again.

Mourinho does have a point, doesn't he? In that respect anyway - we could easily just definitively say no, and move on.

We've sort of said "no, but..." at the moment - I don't see what is wrong with us naming our price and saying take it or leave it if (as should be the case) we're not in a financial position where we have to sell.

If we do have to sell, the Other Operating Costs column wouldn't be able to fit on one page of a graph...

Mourinho does have a point, doesn't he? In that respect anyway - we could easily just definitively say no, and move on.

We've sort of said "no, but..." at the moment - I don't see what is wrong with us naming our price and saying take it or leave it if (as should be the case) we're not in a financial position where we have to sell.

If we do have to sell, the Other Operating Costs column wouldn't be able to fit on one page of a graph...

He does, but the "He's not for sale" is always a nonsense. Every player has a price.

You then get the "he said he wasn't for sale an then sold him" criticism.

Think the boss was having a go at them for leaking the bid to the media, rather than actually just making the bid.

He does, but the "He's not for sale" is always a nonsense. Every player has a price.

You then get the "he said he wasn't for sale an then sold him" criticism.

Aye - that's why I'd rather Martinez, for once in bloody life, stopped chatting crap and just did it properly; get on the blower to Chelsea, give them a price, and tell them there's no negotiating on that fee. Just cut through the crap - if Chelsea don't meet the price, then come out and say he's not going anywhere.

Aye - that's why I'd rather Martinez, for once in bloody life, stopped chatting crap and just did it properly; get on the blower to Chelsea, give them a price, and tell them there's no negotiating on that fee. Just cut through the crap - if Chelsea don't meet the price, then come out and say he's not going anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've already done that.

Antics solely to unsettle the player - increasing buyers position/optimum cost.

Mourinho: "This is a problem between John Stones and Everton"

Though, all this said;

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...uiz-will-not-be-leaving-chelsea-for-any-price

The Chelsea boss said: "No chance he is going to leave. He is a player we want to keep. He is a player with four years (on his) contract, he just signed a contract last year.

"We like him. He is an important player for the club and the club is not ready to sell him for any price."

Wow shock horror every club with a star player gets that, nothing is secret in today's online media, The more RM moans the more hype it will generate - just say no and move on!

Doesn't make it right. Chelsea are blatantly using the press to turn his head. Whilst it's not illegal, I'm made up the boss has called them out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back