Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most if not all fans would understand and probably be for the deal if we got 35m for him and it ALL went back to the manager to spend.

The problem is, it wouldn't. Barnsley would get about 7m, and as if the club would lose 30k John Stones wages and replace it with three 10m signings and probably 100k total wages per week. No chance.

So no deal for me, and surely Roberto knows that too.

Say we sell for 35m. We're 35m plus 30k a week up - so 40m over the next three years.

Then Barnsley get around 7m as has been mooted, that's down to 33m. That money just wouldn't go to the manager... three 10m players leave us with 3m, and the wages of three good players is easily 150k a week... which is 23m over three years. The club couldn't afford it even if we got 35m for Stones.

More likely is he goes for 35m, and the club spends 20m on replacements and improvements and that's it. Hardly worth it, seeing as we would need two CBs, a top striker and a creative player. 20m buys you nothing nowadays!

I hope he stays a year or two. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Real Madrid or Barca. He fits their mould perfectly. He's the only player in our squad who fits the Martinez system perfectly, if we lost him this summer it'll be horrific.

If you'd asked nicely we'd have added a poll to this thread.
You didn't though. You should know better than to create a duplicate thread. I'm disappointed in you Finners.

valentine%27s-day-grumpy-cat-gif-957042.gif

The club has the opportunity to knock it on the head in the next 48 hours. If they don't, then they have themselves to blame for another bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back