Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just not a smart move to do that mate. I can tell you know, categorically (and I'm gonna exaggerate greatly,) that if the Manchester Arabs offered Barca £10 Billion for Messi, and then offered Leo £2 million per week, then he'd be a citeh player quicker than you can say Ma Kent :p

Appreciate where you're coming from mate. The issue is, I would be pretty concerned if the club initiated a bidding war for one of their assets. What kind of message would that send to the league? luckily, despite the board being at times, anonymous, Kenwright and co are usually very savy with any kind of transfers. As I said before, the club holds all the cards. No pressure to sell, player on a remaining four year contract and the club isn't in any danger of balancing the books. But of course it becomes a different deal if the player want's out.

That's the kicker; he goes for 30m, Barnsley take 6m odd, Martinez spends 8m on Evans, Kenwright pockets 5m for himself and 10m gets pust aside with the 'Arteta money'. So essentially Martinez would be willingly trading Stones for Evans in full knowledge that any money after Evans would disappear.

Anything over £30m he'll be gone - so expect him gone and the mega fume can commence when he's replaced with an overpriced Johnny Evans.

Bottom line is presently we just can't compete - unless there is major change here we are doomed to aimlessly spiral down the food chain picking up Europa league crumbs and the occasional 'plucky' displays that shake the footballing applecart.
I liked, but not because I like this truth, just because I see the truth in it. Wait until all the London teams play in high end stadiums to boot.

Appreciate where you're coming from mate. The issue is, I would be pretty concerned if the club initiated a bidding war for one of their assets. What kind of message would that send to the league? luckily, despite the board being at times, anonymous, Kenwright and co are usually very savy with any kind of transfers. As I said before, the club holds all the cards. No pressure to sell, player on a remaining four year contract and the club isn't in any danger of balancing the books. But of course it becomes a different deal if the player want's out.

Yeah, that's the worry: Will he have his head turned?

The board won't make any decisions on transfers. We're financially sound (if not overloaded with cash) and the decision will be left to the gaffer.

Yeah, that's the worry: Will he have his head turned?

The board won't make any decisions on transfers. We're financially sound (if not overloaded with cash) and the decision will be left to the gaffer.

When the champions come calling and openly express an interest, heads will always be turned. As you said, it's up the boss. Luckily, he looked particularly punchy over the tournament in Singapore. It's up to him to sell the club's future to these star players. (Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Lukaku) He has been openly challenge by Mourinho, He needs to respond back forcefully.

Anything over £30m he'll be gone - so expect him gone and the mega fume can commence when he's replaced with an overpriced Johnny Evans.

Bottom line is presently we just can't compete - unless there is major change here we are doomed to aimlessly spiral down the food chain picking up Europa league crumbs and the occasional 'plucky' displays that shake the footballing applecart.
I think the board would be crazy to sell at 30/35 I know it sounds a huge amount of money

He's only going to get better and his value go up

Also another good season and becomes an England regular and plays in the Euro's

And all the top 4 will want him

Don't get me wrong I hope we don't sell and of our best players

Its simple really.

Jose has said, all we have to say is hes not for sale, at any price and he will stop bidding.

And yet here we are, still waiting for the words from El Fraudo.

Yes, the club according to reports rejected the bid but have not said he is not for sale. As you point out out it is up to the club so what is the problem?

When the champions come calling and openly express an interest, heads will always be turned. As you said, it's up the boss. Luckily, he looked particularly punchy over the tournament in Singapore. It's up to him to sell the club's future to these star players. (Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Lukaku) He has been openly challenge by Mourinho, He needs to respond back forcefully.

Think he's already sold the clubs future to the last 3 names you mentioned, you know seeing as they signed for him and all? :P

Barkley, well, he wasn't as terrible as some say last season, but he wasn't that good either. Isn't he on 65k a week now? Think he needs to repay Roberto's faith rather than Roberto having to sell anything to him.

Anyway, I'm hopeful we can keep hold. If it was Mirallas, I'd have no hope at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back