Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand why Martinez does take the lead and publicly state that Stones is not for sale for any price.Mourinho would then be on the back foot and it would make his earlier statement look silly if he follows it up with another bid.
We do appear to be leaving the door open which does not send out the right signals to Stones.I know people say every player has his price but you dont build a team by selling your best players.
If Stones asks for a move we are knackered but lets not make it easy for them.

Anything over £30m he'll be gone - so expect him gone and the mega fume can commence when he's replaced with an overpriced Johnny Evans.

Bottom line is presently we just can't compete - unless there is major change here we are doomed to aimlessly spiral down the food chain picking up Europa league crumbs and the occasional 'plucky' displays that shake the footballing applecart.

If we sold Stones for anything less than £40m, I'd give up on modern football. I can understand selling players for their worth, but I wouldn't be able to understand a £30m bid for Stones being accepted. It'd be like waving the white flag.

If we sold Stones for anything less than £40m, I'd give up on modern football. I can understand selling players for their worth, but I wouldn't be able to understand a £30m bid for Stones being accepted. It'd be like waving the white flag.

Well we got a good price for Rodwell and Fellaini, got suckered over the Rooney deal before them so perhaps the board have woken up.

It's like if you have a house worth £100,000, and you have the foresight of knowing that in the next 2 years, it'll be worth £150,000.
Why would you sell it now for £105,000?

The reality is that Green and Earle will determine whether Stones is sold. It would be no great surprise if Green and Mourinho are buddies on the London social circuit of the great and good. That's where the deal would be done. BK would just be told about it.

Seeing as JT is gonna go on for at least one more year and they have loads of other CBs, let's tell them they can have him for 35m straight cash if we can keep him for a further two years with them paying his wages.

Let's see if he is still their "long-term John Terry replacement" :lol:

Rooney MK2 - We get a big windfall (by our standards) to patch up our team with mediocrity and in the process watch Stones become an established media darling International and foremost a winner....
As depressing as it sounds think the White flag has been flying for a good while mate.

Because its not worth £150,000 currently..

The actual answer is that Everton is a club that avoids risk at all cost, and the idea that something will be worth more in the future - even if it is an absolute cast iron solid gold 100% guarantee is not good enough for penny pinching Everton.

This philosophy extends to the Kitbag deal, whereby they'd rather take a pittance now than having a lot more money in the future operating their own commercial department.

'Penny rich, Pound poor' should be our new motto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back